advice please re SS

mrsted

Sep 18, 2012
leicestershire
Took FIL to memory clinic on Tues due to increased threatening behavior re him convinced MIL is having an affair. He has already hit the man in question previously. Anti psychotic drugs have been prescribed but the odd thing is MIL has now had a call from SS to say they are coming to "look at her house" on Monday. No one has contacted us about it and my mind is in overdrive as I will be unable to be there due to work commitments as will hubby. Does anyone have any experience of these visits as she seems to think its to get her storm door fixed. I personally believe it is to see just how she is not coping / caring for him. Long story. Just asking if anyone else had experienced one of these visits so I may be prepared.
Thanks in advance
K

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I didn't want to read and run. I don't have any experience of this personally but hopefully whatever happens it is helpful for both of your in laws.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
Could SS be asked to reschedule to a time when one of can be there ? (Or is too urgent?) Maybe you could at least find out why they are visiting and speak to them by phone before/after visit?

mrsted

Sep 18, 2012
leicestershire
Hi All

The lady came but FIL had gone for his usual walk - MIL failed to listen to the conversation in which they asked for him to be present as it was to assess his needs. Needless to say things went from bad to worse as later OH took his anti psychotic drugs to him. Thinking everything was OK and he understood OH left. I was still at work when I get a call from the GP - apparently he was in the surgery shouting at the top of his voice that he did not want to take the tablets and we could not make him. Luckily I have worked closely with the GP (I work within the NHS) and he is a Lead on Drugs Alcohol and Mental health as well as being a really nice guy. We got there and between us managed to get him to calm down. MIL seems to "think" he is taking them now but we have no idea if he is as she does not monitor him taking his meds as closely as I would like. All I can say is thank you to everyone for all your support as when I feel I have nowhere to turn you are all hear. It really does help on the down days. I will keep you all posted
Thanks again

K

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm