sighing and strange noises?

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
hi all,,
just wandered wiether was common with az sufferers or just mum,,
she has az + mobility problems but recently has started sighing and kinda moaning when breathing when standing or doing anything,,even in morning when get her up to commode i can hear her kinda moaning when breathing,,
i kinda go worried,,,is it a breathing problem,but when in chair or sleeping her breathing very clear,,,
sorry if im not explaining to well,,
thanks 4 reading anyway xxx

emwmarine

Nov 22, 2011
hi all,,
just wandered wiether was common with az sufferers or just mum,,
she has az + mobility problems but recently has started sighing and kinda moaning when breathing when standing or doing anything,,even in morning when get her up to commode i can hear her kinda moaning when breathing,,
i kinda go worried,,,is it a breathing problem,but when in chair or sleeping her breathing very clear,,,
sorry if im not explaining to well,,
thanks 4 reading anyway xxx

Happened to my Mum. She went through a period of repeating 'shut up' at fairly random times.

halojones

May 7, 2014
The sighing is part of the dementia, but also our folks can't tell us if they are in pain,a lot of the groans etc could be pain??mums g.p. told me to give mum painkillers if I thought she needed them...

placey

Sep 3, 2012
humming/grunting

My MIL has recently started making a kind of grunting, humming noise, over and over. It's like the Chinese water torture, on and on. Is this similar to the noises others of you report? I think she has a tune going round her head, but SIL thinks it may be a sign of pain/discomfort - no way of knowing, is there.
Placey

only daughter

Jun 16, 2014
Surrey
Dad make a noise like that its driving Mum mad as she hears it all e time. I thought it was something to do with his COPD but the sound is different to what it used to be.

1953barney

Nov 5, 2013
Suffolk
My mum started doing a noise like that every time she breathes out, nearly drove me mad last weekend! It went on for 3/4 days and then just stopped!!

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
mums condition seems to be quite common in az sufferers,,
the sighing noise is like there is pain,,,,in mums case when she trys to stand it starts,so its maybe like a default noise fearing pain coming on,
in evening tends to be worse when going bed,,its like a noise of i suppose distress,,which when sundowning confusion is most apparent,
btw,, as nights draw in if finding sundowning happening more regularly and earlier,,,,not good,,,,,,,

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I have to admit I sometimes sigh when I sit down and groan when I try to get up or turn over in bed I have arthritis and a knee replacement and it is sometimes uncomfortable and stiff, I often do this without realising until someone says something,

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
indeed jeany,,,,and coupled with az its maybe there way to regulate pain or confusion ie fear of pain

halojones

May 7, 2014
We all make funny noises without realising, but with the communication shutting down with a.z. then groans,grunts etc become a big part of communicating...I have learnt to understand mums,we have bored grunts, don't like the t.v. groan, lots of chirruping and I find mums pain noise comes from her stomach area..If I am washing her hair or giving mum a shower then I give her some painkillers...It can be really irritating though! We were out on the easylift bus last week and every time the driver went over a bump or jolted the bus there was a loud chorus of ooohs and aahhs, and groans !,( and these folk didn't have a.z.)it was quite funny!!