Goodnight Godbless Mum

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I lost my beautiful mum on friday morning...... 8 years of Dementia took it's toll and she has left us with a huge hole in our hearts.
I'm happy to say, through the last 7 months of her life, i was able to care for mum 24/7 after taking her out of care back in January of this year. It's the best thing I've ever done and I'm sure somewhere, deep down, mum knew what i did, and she was content in her final months, days and hours. She left us peacefully, and without struggle or pain, and i think that will be enough for me, to always see me through the sad times.
It still hasn't really sunk in, and i suppose it will take time.

Goodnight Godbless mum, love you forever xxxx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
So sorry for your sad loss Vicky. How lovely for your Mum to be at home with you and to have such a peaceful passing.

Take care of yourself and wishing you strength in the days ahead,

Jay

Jess26

Jan 5, 2011
Kent
My sincere condolences to you and your family. It sounds as if your dear mum couldn't have had a better passing.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Sorry to hear about your Mum Vicky.
Thinking of you and your family.
Luv
Polly and Barb
xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 842

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
My thoughts are with you Vicky.

It's good to hear that your mum left you peacefully. I'm sure that you're right about her last months - at some level she will have known that she was being cared for by you.

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
So hard to lose a parent, I am very sorry for your loss.

I lost my beautiful mum on friday morning...... 8 years of Dementia took it's toll and she has left us with a huge hole in our hearts.
I'm happy to say, through the last 7 months of her life, i was able to care for mum 24/7 after taking her out of care back in January of this year. It's the best thing I've ever done and I'm sure somewhere, deep down, mum knew what i did, and she was content in her final months, days and hours. She left us peacefully, and without struggle or pain, and i think that will be enough for me, to always see me through the sad times.
It still hasn't really sunk in, and i suppose it will take time.

Goodnight Godbless mum, love you forever xxxx

Pigeon11

Jul 19, 2012
So sorry to hear about your Mum VickyG but glad her suffering is over. It must be so hard to lose her but I'm sure she was in the best place and that she somehow knew of the love and care she was getting. Take care

xxx

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
You stood by her through to the end Vicky, I'm sure it will give you some comfort in the constant time you will spend missing her.

Keep remembering that you did the very best you could for her, it will give you space to grieve.

Strength and peace x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
My condolences too VickyG. You did the right thing by your Mum and I am glad she was able to be with you and your family for the last few months. No mean feat on your part to look after her, well done.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Vicky, I thought I had posted here but I think it must have been on Kassy's thread.
I am so very sorry that you have lost your mother.
Please accept my sympathy. I am so pleased that you were able to care for her at home during her last months. I am sure it helped her. x

Dustycat

Jul 14, 2014
North East
Sorry for the loss of your Mum. I lost my Mum 10 weeks ago to dementia. The time has flown by already but I miss her every day. Take care and stay strong. Xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I also posted on a previous thread.

How are you doing Vicky?

Just want to know that you are as OK as possible at this terribly sad time

Love from Lyn T XX

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm so sad to hear about the loss of your mum Vicky, but am pleased to know her passing was calm and peaceful.

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
I also posted on a previous thread.

How are you doing Vicky?

Just want to know that you are as OK as possible at this terribly sad time

Love from Lyn T XX

Hi,

Thank you far asking after me, I guess I'm just going through the motions of everything.... All arrangements have been made, a million phone calls etc.... It just feels strange, mum not being here anymore :( Suppose it's going to take time.

Thank you once again Lyn xx

VickyG

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Thank you

It's so kind of everyone to leave a lovely comment for me. It's still not quite sunk in that mum's no longer with us. Mum used to say that time is a great healer, so i guess i will have to believe that.

Thank you once again

Vicky xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix77