Anyone bought a Tracker Watch?

Sringtime

Jan 9, 2014
Cheshire
Hi All:) I posted yesterday re buying my husband some sort of identity braclet/chain. And as alway on here I received some good ideas.......one was a suggestion of a tracker device. Brilliant idea and for my hubby a watch would be the ideal thing, however I see a lot of them are made in China, also quite expensive, and some of them seem a little complicated. Has anyone on here purchased one of these watches? It would have to be a watch as he does not take keys, wallet etc out with him and is always losing things out of his pockets.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi All:) I posted yesterday re buying my husband some sort of identity braclet/chain. And as alway on here I received some good ideas.......one was a suggestion of a tracker device. Brilliant idea and for my hubby a watch would be the ideal thing, however I see a lot of them are made in China, also quite expensive, and some of them seem a little complicated. Has anyone on here purchased one of these watches? It would have to be a watch as he does not take keys, wallet etc out with him and is always losing things out of his pockets.

Just seen this. Nope, never heard of them, actually.

Quick 'bump' to get this post seen again. Hope someone pops in with an answer, xx

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Have you got in touch with Telecare yet? They can provide an amazing array of devices for free if ok'd by the council. We got a Buddi which is a tracker device for free and it's quite good. It's basically a square black box that you can either put around your neck with a lanyard (but OH doesn't like that at all) or fasten to a trouser loop. This way OH never takes it off. You can then go online and track his location (though it's not foolproof and sometimes slow in updating position). Modern iPads also have trackers on them but my OH is just about capable to deal with his old Nokia so that's a nonstarter for us. You have to remember to charge up the Buddi every night as the battery life isn't very long.

Buttons

May 25, 2014
Kent
Tracker

Whenever my wife goes on one of her walkabouts she always pops her phone in her pocket. Our eldest son works in a mobile phone tech centre and he installed Lookout a free app for locating your lost phone, this has managed to get me to within a few yards of her four times now, it's not the best way of dealing with the problem but it does help.