Tired and don't know what to do ...

Pooch Bob

Oct 26, 2013
I am new here. My Mum was diagnosed with alzheimers 13 years ago. Seems to have gone into a new phase today .... constantly talking, "hallucinating", emptying cupboards,. She has done all this before but the intensity is very strange. She can't sleep even though she is on sleeping medication. I can hear her crashing around upstairs now.... any thoughts?

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hello Bob, a warm welcome to Talking Point, sorry you are having such a difficult day, maybe mum has a urine infection, this can be very common and can cause all of these symptions and more besides, if possible could you call your out of hours GP and request a housevisit if mum is still like this in the morning:(
I hope you get help soon, take care
Chris

Pooch Bob

Oct 26, 2013
Hello Bob, a warm welcome to Talking Point, sorry you are having such a difficult day, maybe mum has a urine infection, this can be very common and can cause all of these symptions and more besides, if possible could you call your out of hours GP and request a housevisit if mum is still like this in the morning:(
I hope you get help soon, take care
Chris

Thank you Chris. Think you are near the mark. Mum has a rotten cold and is running a temperature - it has developed through the night. Had to put my Dad in my bed and try to sleep on couch! They are both 92 ...so hard for them. Good to have another perspective when things feel out of control. She's just gone to sleep. Wonder when I will get home to see my husband.....Pooch Bob

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Thank you Chris. Think you are near the mark. Mum has a rotten cold and is running a temperature - it has developed through the night. Had to put my Dad in my bed and try to sleep on couch! They are both 92 ...so hard for them. Good to have another perspective when things feel out of control. She's just gone to sleep. Wonder when I will get home to see my husband.....Pooch Bob

If she has a temperature I would definitely call the doctor, have you managed to do that yet?

Oh welcome to TP

Pooch Bob

Oct 26, 2013
If she has a temperature I would definitely call the doctor, have you managed to do that yet?

Oh welcome to TP

Thank you 1954. Spoke to doctor. Temperature back to normal and she has slept quietly most of day.:)
Good to have people there in the middle of the night... Pooch Bob