Something happened at the CH

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I left clear instructions regarding MIL's washing regime at the care home. Also I left it for them to start MIL using her incontinent pads (I chickened out from introducing the pads :rolleyes:)

MIL came home Tuesday. I have noticed she has started using her incontinence pads most of the time :D Also last night she seemed happy for me to go into the bathroom to assist with her washing her 'nether regions' :D

I hope things continue like this as it makes things easier and the evenings much less stressful. By the evenings I am usually at the end of my tether so this is a great improvement if it lasts!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Goodness. I read the title of your post and assumed it was something bad! That is good news. Hope it continues for you.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Sorry I did not mean to mislead you. I hope the new routine lasts but then one never knows with this disease.......

How's Bill?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
it is really sad how we have been programmed to relate care homes to something unpleasant. My husband has been in his nursing home for 14 months and it has been a very positive experience but I too read the heading and immediately thought it was bad news.

Lovely to know that a care home has been an advantage to you and is helping you in your care.

Jay

Pottypeg

Aug 4, 2013
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
I too thought Oh No, was relieved it was positive, isn't it awful, we always expect bad news, suppose that is the nature of this dreadful illness and the panic over CHs.:eek:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I am so pleased for you.

I too used to be close to breakdown by evenings, but then I gave in and allowed organised care in the mornings. It has made such a difference to me.

It is amazing how we put off and put off, and then afterwards we wish we had done something sooner.

It is great that your MIL allows you to help her in the evenings now. Hopefully a routine has been established.

Jeannette

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513