What has happened to the old posts?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Thanks Sue and jeany.

byrnedjp, I think you may be referring to a post of yours that I moved yesterday. I'd contacted you about this. We ask members to contact us directly if they have questions about moderation (instead of posting comments about moderation on the forums), so please contact me if you have questions.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

byrnedjp

Mar 21, 2013
London
I take the comments on board.
I am pro change. Beneficial change.
I contribute to TP, not as an entity, but to the people on it.
These people are now being divided into categories.

Example.
I am off to visit a care home for Mum.
This afternoon.
I could put it under Difficult Emotions, because I am in bits. Really upset.
I could put it under Late Stage and Death section - but this feels wrong.
I could put it in moderate stage, buy why there?

When I write, I write to people. Not stages. Not categories.
What I savoured was talking to newbies. Welcoming them. Why? Because I am NOT a newbie.
I also savoured doing what I could to support people dying (talk of Carara and Pied), why? Because I wanted to show empathy.

TP is about Connecting. Communicating. Support. Empathy. Sharing of Experience. Holding out a hand. Ask people why they connect.

This format makes us about Stages. Carer or Partner. Early, mid-stage, end-stage.
None of these technical labels corresponds with why I post (see above).

Look at the titles of threads.
Continence issues. Eating issues. UTIs and so on.
Have you seem many threads saying "I seek the advise of partners, carers please keep quiet?"

I accept the need for different sub-sections, due to volume. Just let the old format run alongside, until we can habituate.

I want to post. Don't know where. And my friends (both carers, partners, people with dementia) won't be able to find me.

So sad about this amdinistrative decision.
All the best, BE

Hi read your posts regarding the changes made to the site.
Agree with most of what you say....
I understand the changes and can see the rationale. however im with you on the "fragmentation" effect.......seems pointless to post when it gets lost or re routed in order to keep things tidy.
balance has shifted from the people that need to be heard to the people that "keep things tidy"...........its an admin issue plain and simple

Good Luck in the future.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I am so glad you are going to have a re think about multi quotes having been removed
I used them fairly often

Also I have a question, A while back I asked for an old thread of mine to be closed
What will happen to this thread when the forum is closed , I didn't think so at the.time I closed it, but now I would hate to lose it

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am so glad you are going to have a re think about multi quotes having been removed
I used them fairly often

Also I have a question, A while back I asked for an old thread of mine to be closed
What will happen to this thread when the forum is closed , I didn't think so at the.time I closed it, but now I would hate to lose it

No it will still be there, in the archived forum which will also still be there. It's just that eventually no one will be able to add to the threads in that archived forum (although if anyone wants to, they can contact a moderator and get the thread moved to one of the active forums).

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
No it will still be there, in the archived forum which will also still be there. It's just that eventually no one will be able to add to the threads in that archived forum (although if anyone wants to, they can contact a moderator and get the thread moved to one of the active forums).

Thankyou Jennifer
That's a relief