Accusations of hitting

Angel3

Jul 25, 2013
Swansea, South Wales
That's great Angel, so please for you. Make sure you rest up.

Sharon x
Thanks again to everyone for your comments and help. Just an update on me and mum. I did have about 4hrs sleep last night, it was very strange not having to keep listening for mum. But today I rang the Care Home and they told me that mum had a good night and was quite happy making conversation with others there. She has been bathed, hair washed etc., and is eating well. I still feel guilty for what has happened, cannot seem to stop, but deep down I know it was the right thing to do and if mum is happy, well that is the main thing.
My back problem is slightly eased today, perhaps because iv'e basically done hardly anything all day. Thanks again all.

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Angel3

You have done the correct thing. I am so glad your mum is happy where she is. Things have a weird way of turning out don't they. Take care and please keep posting as I have got to know you x

Kate66

Mar 13, 2013
Angel3, I am so pleased that your mum is in a home that is caring so well for her and perhaps you can concentrate on your own health for a while anyway. Like the other said, I am sure your father would never have wanted you to become ill yourself. Sometimes, although we feel guilty, we need to realize that perhaps someone else is a better person to look after our family and maybe your Mum really will be happier there than at home with you.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Hi Angel,

Sorry I've only just caught up on your post. I'm glad mum has settled well as that you have had some rest.

Keep us updated on how you are feeling and how mum gets on.

Sharon x

Angel3

Jul 25, 2013
Swansea, South Wales
Update on Accusations of Hitting

Hi everyone, just want to update all of you kind people on the news of mum. She is absolutely adoring it in the CH. She does'nt know who I am today but begged me 'not to take her out of this wonderful place'. The carers have told me that she does'nt even remember going in there or when this happened, but has told them that she never wants to leave as she loves it there. I have sobbed my heart out for the last few hours since I got home, but I think it is with relief that mum is so happy. I hav'nt seen her like that for a long, long time. All I want is for her last years to be happy and comfortable and I think that, thanks to you all and all of your advice, this is now going to happen. Have a meeting with the Dementia doctor and Social Services on Thursday to sort out all the paperwork as it was only emergency paperwork last Friday, and then I hope I can sit back and start to build my life back up and hopefully enjoy the rest of my retirement years, knowing that mum is well cared for and happy. Thanks again all.

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Hi Angel, I'm so glad your mum has settled so well and I can fully understand your tears.

Have the CH got a place they can offer mum permanently have they said? I'm hoping your meeting goes well and things carry on improving with your own health.

Please keep us updated as to how the meeting goes.

Sharon x

Angel3

Jul 25, 2013
Swansea, South Wales
Hi Angel, I'm so glad your mum has settled so well and I can fully understand your tears.

Have the CH got a place they can offer mum permanently have they said? I'm hoping your meeting goes well and things carry on improving with your own health.

Please keep us updated as to how the meeting goes.

Sharon x

Hi there, Yes they said that the room she is in was vacant and that it is hers for as long as she wants. This being great because as she went in on emergency I thought she may have to go somewhere else, but they said this placement was hers. It is like as if it was meant to be.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hi everyone, just want to update all of you kind people on the news of mum. She is absolutely adoring it in the CH. She does'nt know who I am today but begged me 'not to take her out of this wonderful place'. The carers have told me that she does'nt even remember going in there or when this happened, but has told them that she never wants to leave as she loves it there. I have sobbed my heart out for the last few hours since I got home, but I think it is with relief that mum is so happy. I hav'nt seen her like that for a long, long time. All I want is for her last years to be happy and comfortable and I think that, thanks to you all and all of your advice, this is now going to happen. Have a meeting with the Dementia doctor and Social Services on Thursday to sort out all the paperwork as it was only emergency paperwork last Friday, and then I hope I can sit back and start to build my life back up and hopefully enjoy the rest of my retirement years, knowing that mum is well cared for and happy. Thanks again all.

I am so very very very pleased for you. xx

Worried Woman

Jan 7, 2006
Dorset
That is wonderful news. It is so good to hear how happy your Mum is, you must be so relieved. Now give yourself plenty of treats and have a well earned rest.

We need more happy news like this!