Tracking devices

scrimbag

Dec 12, 2012
Has anyone got any experience of electronic tracking devices? In particular I am thinking of buying a Keruva 2013 device for my wife to give me peace of mind. Does anyone know anything about this, and can advise me?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello and welcome to Talking Point.

I have no experience of tracking devices but here are links to several Threads on the subject.
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show...o-find-grandmother&highlight=tracking+devices
Started in 2012

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?35647-GPS-Tracking-Devices
Started in 2011

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?19805-GPS-tracking
Started in 2009

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?8324-Tracking-device-idea-for-wandering-people
Started in 2007

I hope that helps and maybe others will come along with their own experiences.

Vanessa Jayne

Apr 6, 2012
Tracking Device

Has anyone got any experience of electronic tracking devices? In particular I am thinking of buying a Keruva 2013 device for my wife to give me peace of mind. Does anyone know anything about this, and can advise me?

Hi,
I am looking at it also looks amazing and simple to use!
My husband has Alzheimer's at 50 years old and is still very active and cycles alot so this would be great and like you say peace of mind for myself and sons.
Will let you know if I get it just the cost at the moment to consider?

Good luck!! Vanessa

Fed Up

Aug 4, 2012
I'm amazed; I have one on the car and laptop but for a person !! are they legal ?
It might be difficult to talk about on here if they are not legal as what about all the human rights etc legislation.
I know its daft and think it seems a great idea but how do you ensure the person carries it unless its implanted. Alzheimers means that the person forgets so how can you ensure they either agree to use it or even carry it.

Mortimer

Feb 5, 2013
Dorset UK.
Potential help;

Potential help; I have cut / paste this post, as i entered it earlier in response to another members question - i hope it helps.
I have just been working with a friend who has developed a belt worn system, using GPS / mobile phone technology. It can also be used as a keyring type device.
A "field" can be programmed into it, so if the wearer breaks that field - your phone rings to alert you, then sends a grid reference, which in turn will show their exact position on google maps.
it was originally developed for naughty dogs who run off on walks, it pinpoints where they are down to a few yards.
It is rechargeable, and lasts in "sleep" mode for days on end.
hope this helps, if you are interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch.
Happy days.

Mike W

Mar 29, 2013
S Devon
Potential help; I have cut / paste this post, as i entered it earlier in response to another members question - i hope it helps.
I have just been working with a friend who has developed a belt worn system, using GPS / mobile phone technology. It can also be used as a keyring type device.
A "field" can be programmed into it, so if the wearer breaks that field - your phone rings to alert you, then sends a grid reference, which in turn will show their exact position on google maps.
it was originally developed for naughty dogs who run off on walks, it pinpoints where they are down to a few yards.
It is rechargeable, and lasts in "sleep" mode for days on end.
hope this helps, if you are interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch.
Happy days.

My wife (59 with FTD)has wandered off from time to time, but has really got the wanderlust in the past couple of days. We live on a farm so a tracker with a range set seems to make the most sense.
I would be very interested knowing more - it might just enable us to relax a bit more!!!

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
GPS trackers

If you go to 'Advanced Search' at upper right, and Search Titles Only for a keyword like 'tracker' or 'tracking' (GPS is apparently too short, unfortunately), you'll find plenty of past discussions.

Some people find them invaluable; some fail where the user discards the device because they don't know what it's for, or can't remember to charge and carry the device; and some don't try because they anticipate problems like that.

AgentDee

Apr 22, 2013
GPS tracker

For those that are interested in a GPS tracker, I bought a GPS watch for my dad and it has proved to be very successful, cost effective and convenient. Unfortunately he has now decided to 'fiddle' with it so I considering one of the other devices from the same company, which is a key ring with the view to sewing in some hidden pockets in his clothes so he can't touch it. Hope that helps.