I need support

Mo_N

Oct 29, 2009
South East Essex
Will be thinking of you tonight Tina & willing all your audience to not only take on board what you say but actually do something positive to support you. Ken & all the other residents & their families.

I just wish I lived near enough to be by your side.

Let us know how it goes.

Mo
x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry, can’t find a link to the Banerjee column either :eek: .... (Don’t think I’m allowed to scan it and post it from my old fashioned hard copy?)

Tina – hope you don’t eat everyone up and spit them out before Tuesday’s big meeting?:eek:

Will be back on the streets tomorrow for the final ‘push’ ... might just make a magical figure for Tina’s petition and next week’s publicity ..... then again, with the backdrop of the food festival ... I might just be a celebrity chef groupie :rolleyes: – and if Michael Caines signs – he’s ‘out of area’ anyway – so I get to keep his autograph?????? (Swoon!):D

More seriously, Tina, the ‘waiting for the results’ phase worries the hell outta me for you ..... there will be nothing you can do in the meantime .... and perhaps the cry ‘I need Support’ will ring louder than ever .......:(

Let’s celebrate this magnificent effort and achievement you have made thus far ...... look forward to a fair ‘bunfight’ next week ;)...... and hope that you can ‘rest’ in the knowledge you have battled every which way for Ken’s continued care (not to mention everyone else’s benefitting in the process).

We WILL overcome.

Kaz, x

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks for the link JPG. Tina's letter is as eloquent as ever.

Is there a link to the Arup Banagee article Kaz mentions? I've tried to find it without success.

Hope Tina gives in to the politicos wiyh both barrels tonight.:D

Mo
x

Sorry, Mo, i only sorted the link to Tina's letter. :( I sent a quick email to Ed the Editor and pointed out that the link took you to an alcohol-related problem, rather than to Tina's letter. (Even tho' Tina might be in need of a Baileys or three by now. ;) ) Within minutes, the Bolton News Editor said thanks for pointing it out and fixed the link, so that's how I came to post the link here.

Tomorrow, shall see if I can get Ed to sort out a link to the Banerjee piece. (As long as Kaz got the info right - 'cos I haven't seen it yet. :p)

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
..... then again, with the backdrop of the food festival ... I might just be a celebrity chef groupie :rolleyes: – and if Michael Caines signs – he’s ‘out of area’ anyway – so I get to keep his autograph?????? (Swoon!):D

Now there's a challenge for you, Kaz or both!

Michael Caines has been invited by Bolton Council - so he's, in effect, working in the area. OK, maybe only for the duration, but that's what temporary employment is all about.

http://www.costsectorcatering.co.uk...ne-up-at-bolton-food-and-drink-festival/13522

i dare you!

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Sorry, Mo, i only sorted the link to Tina's letter. :( I sent a quick email to Ed the Editor and pointed out that the link took you to an alcohol-related problem, rather than to Tina's letter. (Even tho' Tina might be in need of a Baileys or three by now. ;) ) Within minutes, the Bolton News Editor said thanks for pointing it out and fixed the link, so that's how I came to post the link here.

Tomorrow, shall see if I can get Ed to sort out a link to the Banerjee piece. (As long as Kaz got the info right - 'cos I haven't seen it yet. :p)

JPGI /KAZ
I have tried to get the link on arup banerjee's last letter without any success
There is a lot of 'bumph' about him on Google
Did find this recent letter by him in Bolton News that you might find of some interest

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/leisure/silversurfers/9095682.CARE__IN_CRISIS/

imbo 111
Ps Takes a while to download

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm back, in one piece and more than left my mark on the meeting!

I was so lucky that the political party had invited a guest speaker to 'talk' about the health service and, glory of glories, he touched on the elderly dementia issue! When he referred to these sufferers as 'gaga old people' and tried to soften it by additiong he might be one soon, my blood reached boiling point.

I just didn't care if I was thought to be rude, loud, aggressive and dominating I let him have it with all guns blazing!

He tried to be 'intellectual' but I brought him down to earth with a bang. Every point he made, I countered and with evidence! I was so fired up that I really didn't notice what anyone else was thinking of me or what I was saying. At the end of the meeting a group gathered round me, asking to sign my petition and patting me on the back for what I had said.

All hot air I expect at the end of the day and will be forgotten tomorrow but I'm so glad I went and so glad that I was my usual bumptious self!

Outsidethe building a senior Trade Unionist caught up to me and absolutely assured me that they would not let the care homes close!

xxTinaT

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Tina

I've not posted on this thread before...but have been reading it daily.

All I can say is..... "Go girl, you show "um" and I think that you (and "your team") already have. All of you have just been fantastic.:) You should all feel so proud of what you have already achieved.

I've got everything crossed for the next step.

Love, hugs and 100% support.

Carina x x

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I forgot to thank you JPG for getting the newpaper link sorted. See what I mean about all this quiet support in the background?

Another friend has sorted me out on Facebook and I've got the petition on there under the heading 'Save Bolton Care Homes' haven't a clue how to use it properly and haven't the time to teach myself but it is one more link to others for me - many people have been quietly supporting me and TP has taken a big part in this.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Wow again, Tina!:D

SKYE said:
I reckon those councillors must be quaking in their boots at the prospect of the public meeting.

Sock it to 'em, lass!

Can't say it any better!:D

Lots of love,

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Tina, So glad your meeting went well. My blood started to boil just reading your post , I get so angry the way dementia patients , our loved ones, are described in such derogatory terms. I have heard it so many times and by people whom I thought would know better. I know there are times when some things can be seen as funny but sadly Ive not had too many. Maybe it's my sense of humour.
I can just imagine how you got fired up and I hope he learned something from it. Your hard work will be rewarded Im sure , hope the trade unionist stands by his word. Take care Patx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
It’s Ok, Tina tell the truth! Having read of your exploits at the meeting last night I was just too scared to come out with you! :p:D On balance, given the weather, the focus and disruption in the Town Centre today you made the right call this morning. You are surely home and dry with the petition and anything gained today was only a bonus.

(Sorry to disappoint, JPG1 – but even Michael Caines couldn’t tempt me to venture out unnecessarily on this sodden autumnal like day ... now Marco Pierre-White would have had me out in a snow storm but that’s for another thread!!!!!!;))

Just hope I can help Tina now at the Public Meeting – something else I’m not used to. But I guess if I have learnt to overcome my nerves to stand with a clipboard in a public place ‘touting for support’, there’s hope for me yet ...:eek:

Time to backtrack on what questions to ask? I’m sure Tina will ‘coach me’ ... but anyone can throw in any support for these occasions????? Otherwise I will just sit/stand innocuously somewhere and keep ‘giving the evils’ at appropriate exchanges????? Am I allowed to boo and hiss? :rolleyes: Would a standing ovation be appropriate if Tina speaks? :) Or maybe Tina will just sit me in the ‘naughty corner’ ... the one should be reserved for that damned councillor who sees residents in these care homes as ‘unit costs’ which is only marginally better than the ‘gaga’ reference which still has me blazing!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Kaz, x

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
(Sorry to disappoint, JPG1 – but even Michael Caines couldn’t tempt me to venture out unnecessarily on this sodden autumnal like day ... now Marco Pierre-White would have had me out in a snow storm but that’s for another thread!!!!!!;))

You wimp! You won't shrink in the rain - and neither would Michael Caines. :) But MPW isn't quite as acclimatised to it, of course! Well, he was born in Leeds!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Wrong side of Pennines, then! The clouds are empty by the time they've passed over here!:p

Sorry, Tina - just having a little spat between supporters!:D:D:D

I think JPG1 is getting me in training in your absence!;)

Where are you? How are you?

Kaz, x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Good luck, Tina!

Well, have not been able to touch base with Tina all weekend .... I guess her feet aren’t touching the floor at the moment between organising everything and of course visiting Ken and looking after her mum .... but I know the next 48 hours are so are massive for her ...... (poor love, I have flooded her Inbox with questions in prep for tomorrow which she really doesn’t need! :eek: Will just turn up and ‘hoof it’).

I do know Tina has a slot on BBC Radio Manchester scheduled for around 7am in the morning (30/8/11): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jvwwr

Good luck with Mr Beswick, Tina ... quite a reputation ... he ate me up and spat me out for breakfast when I once did an interview for AS!!!!! :eek: – then again he hasn’t interviewed Tina yet!!!! :rolleyes: Then the Public Meeting tomorrow evening ... and hopefully lots of support for the petition handover on Wednesday .....

It has been hard at times, swept away on my own personal learning curve and with such respect and admiration for Tina’s tenacity and determination, to remember that this is no ‘ordinary’ campaign ... but a fight for Ken’s care – which anyone of us may have faced – or may yet face. That it has promoted so much awareness in its wake beyond the focus of Ken, and Tina herself, is awesome.

Hats off to you, Tina – I will be listening out in the morning and be proud to be by your side tomorrow evening.:)

Love, Kaz, x

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Well done and good luck

Hi Tina,
Just caught up with this fantastic thread. You are absolutely brilliant and we all owe you for your persistence in your fight for dementia.

I wish you every success with the meeting and handing over the petition and of course with your radio programme tomorrow.

Lovely to see all the support you are receiving too well done to everybody. xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Ah well, I was going to keep quiet for a while about the campaign as I felt people had heard enough but Karen has spilled the beans. At the end of the day, we need these care homes and I (and my very, very good friends) will not rest until the Council realise this.

Got an interview at 12 pm with the BBC Look North. I will miss it because I'll be on my way to the meeting but I hope someone can put the link up. In for a penny Karen, in for a pound.

xxTina

Last edited: