Titles/labels/descriptions of posters

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Cor, you’d think I would have the hang of this by now .....:eek:

“Sleepless” (should change my user name but I know I can’t do that (see I do know some things!:p) trying to keep herself out of mischief here, thought it might be wise to add ‘Former Carer’ whenever I post .... (like clever other folk have done). I found my way to User CP (round of applause please:)) but I can’t see where to add this. Does it just go into the ‘Signature’ bit and then reformat it all to get things set out nicely?

Thanks again
Love, Karen, x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Karen you can do it two ways. Either the signature way and/or from the User CP choose Edit Your Details, and edit the field "Interest in Alzheimer's Talking Point" which will edit the details shown when someone looks at your Profile. FYI - if you change you signature, the signature will be changed even on "old posts". As far as I'm aware, there's no way round that.

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thank you Ladies

Hmmm, know what you mean Jennifer ... because it seems to work well for the 'here and now' but anyone finding any help from any of my diatribes in the past :eek: would wonder why I was a 'former carer' .... when I wasn't ..... :rolleyes:

Take care, thanks both, x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well if you could go back to my first post it says I'm a volunteer moderator, which is also a little odd. I assume it's because it doesn't really store the signature, just adds it each time a thread is opened.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Morning Karen,

I have been staring and staring at your avatar, trying to see what it is??

'Former carer' sounds fine in some ways but it always makes me think that one no longer cares at all. I know it's not that important in the grand scheme of things but it's first thing in the morning and so I'm allowing myself to be nit picky:D Not to you but just generally. I think 'former carer to (mother, father, Matthew, Mark, Mary, Lucy, parents, husband, wife)' sounds as though one chapter has closed but that one still cares.

I always thought you were computer snazzy;)

Love

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I don’t know whether to put you out of your misery or not! :p (You note I was multi-skilling sorting out signatures and avatars all at the same time!;)) Still haven't a clue what an avatar means but I thought I'd have one anyway! :D

Oh, go on then ... they are penguins ....(look again!).... if you must know (sigh!) .... they became a bit of a family obsession after my son returned home from nursery one day doing a ‘penguin waddle’ and my dad (very ill at the time) delighting in it. The ‘Emperor and chick’ image commonly seen just means ‘my dad and son’ to me .... and mum got into it ....and my hubby ...... and my son will forever be my little ‘Pingu’ (all 6 foot of him!) ...... You can imagine this time of year I can really indulge – my PC desk is like 'Christmas Penguin Grotto'! :) (How old am I??? :eek: )

And yes, I understand the nit picky .... I did deliberate on ‘Former carer but actually care with a passion still, just in a different way now ....’ but it all started to sound like some ‘introductory’ from someone in a pageant!!!!! :eek: I personally have noted of late how sometimes having a few word ‘description’ can help identify immediately especially with the influx (and for the benefit of) new posters ....... perhaps it’s not so important?

Love, Karen, x

PS: I like ‘Snazzy’ but am deffo not savvy! ;)