Showering - any tips takes about 4-5 days to get hubby to shower any tips?

Korks

Nov 11, 2021
4-5 days?! I am lucky if I can get my husband to bath every 4-5 weeks! And he is someone who years ago would bath daily.
Ditto Quite contrary. My husband has rarely showered in his life - always had a night time bath whatever time we went to bed. Now he appears to have an aversion to water altogether. Last Autumn we had a bath seat fitted, provided by Social Services, where the seat can be lowered and the back folds down. But he is too nervous for that and will, once a week, sit on the edge of the seat with his feet in the water so I can then wash his body. At first we went about 8 weeks before he would agree to try it out.

Korks

Nov 11, 2021
Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! No that's not quite true but hey-ho ... I have more important battles to gently and creepily wend my spooky way around. :)
Now, when we were kids (OK - here comes the tatty overused and rather tired old story) we didn't have the luxury of a bathroom, let alone a bathtub, shower, or hot water on tap. The odd sluice down with a shared damp rag sufficed. Maybe. Or a kettle of water if one could get the luxury of the scullery to oneself for ten minutes. And don't get me going on about the tin bath in front of the coal fire - assuming coal could be afforded.
So - I'm a bit perplexed about the fixation of all these bath or shower routines. Even the messy old pull-ups and pads are an improvement on bits of cut-up flannel sheeting so I tend to go with the mood of the day and either make a party-party of showering (together) or just flick the flannel where it's going to do the best job.
I do hope my rather easy-peasy attitude towards smelly bits and bobs does not offend or hurt anyone. It's not meant to and I wouldn't wish it to. But I've found *not* getting uptight about it makes it all the more delicious when we leave the sweet and steamy bathroom with shiny bods and bots, glossy hair, and freshly laundered wrinkles.
Absolutely lovely, AbbyGee. What am I fussing about? I'm also in tune with the scullery and no bath room and, yes, we've lived to tell the tale!

JaxG

May 15, 2021
Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! No that's not quite true but hey-ho ... I have more important battles to gently and creepily wend my spooky way around. :)
Now, when we were kids (OK - here comes the tatty overused and rather tired old story) we didn't have the luxury of a bathroom, let alone a bathtub, shower, or hot water on tap. The odd sluice down with a shared damp rag sufficed. Maybe. Or a kettle of water if one could get the luxury of the scullery to oneself for ten minutes. And don't get me going on about the tin bath in front of the coal fire - assuming coal could be afforded.
So - I'm a bit perplexed about the fixation of all these bath or shower routines. Even the messy old pull-ups and pads are an improvement on bits of cut-up flannel sheeting so I tend to go with the mood of the day and either make a party-party of showering (together) or just flick the flannel where it's going to do the best job.
I do hope my rather easy-peasy attitude towards smelly bits and bobs does not offend or hurt anyone. It's not meant to and I wouldn't wish it to. But I've found *not* getting uptight about it makes it all the more delicious when we leave the sweet and steamy bathroom with shiny bods and bots, glossy hair, and freshly laundered wrinkles.
Haha - you are so right. My OH won't shave or go to the barber. He gets very aggressive but it makes no difference to me. He looks like a yetti but that is the least of my problems with him.

Deedee1137

May 4, 2022
My problem is my dad now in a care home just forgets to shower even now in the care home I’ve had to ask the staff to ask him if he wants one and he never refuses. Once a week for him is fine as he does have a strip wash everyday. He just won’t ask for anything, drink going to the loo, so we’ve all had to learn to give little prompts.

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
Good afternoon all....
It's a miracle my OH has finally decided it's time for a bath...All clean and hair washed. ...
No wonder it's persistently raining in Wiltshire !
To many people it's probably doesn't mean a lot and not important but in its a big win in our house and a little win against Dementia and we'll take it...
Hope your all well and plodding along just like the rest of us in these difficult times that we all live with...
Kind regards as always
Dawnee

Bakerst

Mar 4, 2022
OH likes a bath..only once a week..as he did as a child..but today I've just spent 45 minutes trying to help him out ???,he has never liked showers but I'm afraid he is going to have to use it in the future..not going through that again ?

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Good afternoon all....
It's a miracle my OH has finally decided it's time for a bath...All clean and hair washed. ...
No wonder it's persistently raining in Wiltshire !
To many people it's probably doesn't mean a lot and not important but in its a big win in our house and a little win against Dementia and we'll take it...
Hope your all well and plodding along just like the rest of us in these difficult times that we all live with...
Kind regards as always
Dawnee
There must be something in the air! We also had a miracle yesterday when my husband out of the blue decided to have a bath and hairwash!

Bakerst

Mar 4, 2022
Now would you believe OH has just asked me if I am running his bath ?don't know whether to laugh or cry ?

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
There must be something in the air! We also had a miracle yesterday when my husband out of the blue decided to have a bath and hairwash!
Definately Quite contrary, who would have believed it eh? Not me that's for sure but it's happened so am a happy bunny and bet you are too.....
Would like to say long may it continue but am guessing being realistic this probably a flash in the pan....
Good luck to you both
Dawnee

Quite contrary

Jan 5, 2020
Ilford, Essex
Definately Quite contrary, who would have believed it eh? Not me that's for sure but it's happened so am a happy bunny and bet you are too.....
Would like to say long may it continue but am guessing being realistic this probably a flash in the pan....
Good luck to you both
Dawnee
You are probably right but at least for now we have lovely clean and fresh hubbies! I think I am learning to live more in the present and tomorrow is another day!

Dawnee

May 25, 2022
You are probably right but at least for now we have lovely clean and fresh hubbies! I think I am learning to live more in the present and tomorrow is another day!
Yes we Definately have lovely clean and fresh hubble. ....yes 100 percent me too, today is enough to contend with without worrying about tomorrow ....absolutely