WORRIED ABOUT MUM'S OP

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello everyone!! Mum is due to have her second hip op tomorrow. If it was down to me she would not be having this procedure. But she is in so much pain when moving her and uncomfortable and she can't be left like this. The doctors have said if she doesn't have this procedure the hip will always keep on dislocating and she can't keep going in and out of hospital!? My thoughts tonight are: Why did she have to have such a bad fall? She was doing so well at the CH with her mobility. I have been trying to keep myself busy but I can't seem to focus on anything. Even watching TV ..... !

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
I'm sorry to hear your Mum is in so much pain. My Mum had a fall, broke her hip, and had emergency hip replacement op. She recovered but apparently it was given more for pain relief and not for getting up and about and mobile again. I'm sorry to say the general anaesthetic worsened her dementia. Mum was in end stage at that point before the fall. Good luck
Hello MrsV: Mum has had 4 general anaesthetic's over the last few months!! Numerous hip dislocations. So I dread to think what she will be like when I pluck up the courage to go and see her. Thank you for your reply.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson