Father's Day

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
that was nice. still thinking about your dad. ive got a few bits for my husband and we have had a bbq to celebrate fathers day with my oldest son and family.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Rather ironically my dad died on 4th July -American Independance day. It's ironic because my dad lost faith in the US after the assination of Kennedy. But in two weeks time I will doing the thing that is now only left to me as there is no one else and my brother has been absent now for some time ( and its probably for the best he stays absent) -I am not even sure if he is still alive. But we do what we do. It is though an amazing resting place and they can see a very wide part of where they once lived their lives. Oddly I booked the week off, because as I remember driving my mum back and to the hospital he was in some 30 mile round trip in the hot summer sun and it was truly dreadful watching my dad die from such a rapid cancer.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Rather ironically my dad died on 4th July -American Independance day. It's ironic because my dad lost faith in the US after the assination of Kennedy. But in two weeks time I will doing the thing that is now only left to me as there is no one else and my brother has been absent now for some time ( and its probably for the best he stays absent) -I am not even sure if he is still alive. But we do what we do. It is though an amazing resting place and they can see a very wide part of where they once lived their lives. Oddly I booked the week off, because as I remember driving my mum back and to the hospital he was in some 30 mile round trip in the hot summer sun and it was truly dreadful watching my dad die from such a rapid cancer.
Horrible!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Of course my worst Father's Day was three days after dad's death in 2019. I had planned to take dad out on that day for lunch at our local theatre but I ended up going to buy flowers for his funeral and flowers to put on mum's grave. I bought them at Waitrose and chatted to the cashier about the flowers being for dad's funeral the next day and forgetting for a moment that it was Father's Day. Waitrose wouldn't let me pay for the flowers which was lovely. I also told a few friends about dad and again I forgot that it was Father's Day. A few people asked if I was on my own and why weren't my invisibles with me but my eldest invisible had stayed for a couple of days and was coming back for the funeral. My other invisible did take me out for a meal the previous Friday but actually I could've done with him phoning on Father's Day. The saddest was me looking for dad's Father's Day and writing "Dear Dad. I will never forget you." The reason why I wrote this was because one awful day before diagnosis it all got too much and I asked dad not to forget me. He cuddled me and said "MaNaAk I will never forget you". It still gets to me sometimes. The Father's Day present was a set of photos which we were supposed to put in an album together.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Of course my worst Father's Day was three days after dad's death in 2019. I had planned to take dad out on that day for lunch at our local theatre but I ended up going to buy flowers for his funeral and flowers to put on mum's grave. I bought them at Waitrose and chatted to the cashier about the flowers being for dad's funeral the next day and forgetting for a moment that it was Father's Day. Waitrose wouldn't let me pay for the flowers which was lovely. I also told a few friends about dad and again I forgot that it was Father's Day. A few people asked if I was on my own and why weren't my invisibles with me but my eldest invisible had stayed for a couple of days and was coming back for the funeral. My other invisible did take me out for a meal the previous Friday but actually I could've done with him phoning on Father's Day. The saddest was me looking for dad's Father's Day and writing "Dear Dad. I will never forget you." The reason why I wrote this was because one awful day before diagnosis it all got too much and I asked dad not to forget me. He cuddled me and said "MaNaAk I will never forget you". It still gets to me sometimes. The Father's Day present was a set of photos which we were supposed to put in an album together.

MaNaAk
you should be proud of the dad you have and the carer of your dad that you became. nothing else matters

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
For my dear dad:
IMG20220619092159.jpg

update2020

Jan 2, 2020
2518CE45-8FA0-4B57-B556-E3C7A8246141.jpeg
Our local woods when my husband was alive and the children were little (now replaced by so puppy).

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
They are pieces of fudge and don't worry about Jacky and Daisy as they have plenty of strawberries at home.

MaNaAk

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
Worst fathers day ever, even worse than the first without my dad who died on my wedding anniversary. With husband in hospital 9 weeks so far this time last time was 8 weeks and only home for 3 in between. So all on my own and packing to move from the house we have loved for 11 years as husband had 9 surgeries including double below knee amputation along with COVID and 4 suspected strokes so far this year. The amazing thing about it is despite all this his dementia doesn't seem to have got any worse.

Came across the last photo taken of my dad he looked so old even though he was only 66, I cried, then a picture of daughter who died 4 years ago stopped again and had another cry, came across pictures of her 3 children who we now never get to see or even talk to and cried, last of all a picture of me and my husband standing together in my Dads garden and the reality suddenly hit me that he would never be able to stand with his arm around me again, yes more tears and I am sure many more to come.

Had some homegrown strawberries straight off the plants earlier, tasted lovely but right now forget the strawberries I really want the syrup, fudge and cream like in the picture. Haven't got any though, can't face going out and seeing anyone so healthy eating it is. Unless I eat the homemade marrow and ginger jam by the spoonful!!!

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
MaNaAk: The roses are beautiful and the strawberry surprise looks dee-lich!! What lovely photo's!!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Worst fathers day ever, even worse than the first without my dad who died on my wedding anniversary. With husband in hospital 9 weeks so far this time last time was 8 weeks and only home for 3 in between. So all on my own and packing to move from the house we have loved for 11 years as husband had 9 surgeries including double below knee amputation along with COVID and 4 suspected strokes so far this year. The amazing thing about it is despite all this his dementia doesn't seem to have got any worse.

Came across the last photo taken of my dad he looked so old even though he was only 66, I cried, then a picture of daughter who died 4 years ago stopped again and had another cry, came across pictures of her 3 children who we now never get to see or even talk to and cried, last of all a picture of me and my husband standing together in my Dads garden and the reality suddenly hit me that he would never be able to stand with his arm around me again, yes more tears and I am sure many more to come.

Had some homegrown strawberries straight off the plants earlier, tasted lovely but right now forget the strawberries I really want the syrup, fudge and cream like in the picture. Haven't got any though, can't face going out and seeing anyone so healthy eating it is. Unless I eat the homemade marrow and ginger jam by the spoonful!!!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14