sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
That’s what happened in my mums home which was in special measures. I often wonder if these poor or incompetent managers continue to work in the care sector in another home somewhere. Our manager quit before being sacked.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
A very talented organist Gert van Hoef playing in Liverpool Anglican Cathedral -a place that has a great memory for me as this is where I graduated in the very same building, and a fine piece of architecture and sound it is....

Beautiful video. I have happy memories of doing my teacher training in Liverpool. My husband is from Liverpool so until a few years back we would visit often to visit the rellies. I miss it and the good times we had there.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Beautiful video. I have happy memories of doing my teacher training in Liverpool. My husband is from Liverpool so until a few years back we would visit often to visit the rellies. I miss it and the good times we had there.
I have very hapy memories of Liverpool and of Liverpool people they an amazing community despite all of the pronlems Liverpool has had to face.

Truth be told I posted this because when I graduated I had fell out with my dad and we had become estranged for some 3 years he was a drinker and had pushed me to my limits. I always stayed in touch and visited my mum in that time and she came alone to my graduation ceremony at Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. A close frined of mine T got her mum together with mine and they sat thorugh the ceremony. Mum thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing and was stunned by it. It was her only ever chance to experience something very unique out of her three children and I sure as hell made sure she got it ;). I still get qiute emotional about it and keep on meaning to go back and visit the cathedral after all these years

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
What a glorious instrument, thank you. No, I didn’t recognise a film tune - I even watched it a second time to see if I could. But I’m not much of a film-goer.

Glad your meeting went well, the new manager sounds like a breath of fresh air. Let’s hope she is as good as her word.

Your Mum must have been bursting with pride at your Graduation!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
What a glorious instrument, thank you. No, I didn’t recognise a film tune - I even watched it a second time to see if I could. But I’m not much of a film-goer.

Glad your meeting went well, the new manager sounds like a breath of fresh air. Let’s hope she is as good as her word.

Your Mum must have been bursting with pride at your Graduation!
He actually played two obvious themes from films the first is the theme music from Promthesius which he then blendid and the next was of course Jurassic Park theme tune ;) just before he finishes with Land of Hope and Glory

It was one of the best days of my life, can you imagine being in such a place as that all with robes on and the organist who was at the time Ian Tracey playing some amazing sounds and my mum utterly thrilled.

I was glad that I got my mum there, the one person in the world that had always believed in me

Last edited:

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Lovely music, @Palerider . Haven’t a clue what the very talented musician was doing with the light bulb thingys , but it seemed to work a treat!
Lol...I think sometines its best that it remains a mystery and out of sight, this music is supposed to come from nowehere in its true style and you never see the organist. You are only supposed to hear it

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Another long week of work and no time to visit mum until finally tomorrow :rolleyes: -time just seems to fly by, how I don't know because I don't seem to waste any of it ?.

These days getting an offer of employment in healthcare is not like it used to be. It used to be a quick verbal reference and then a formal letter of offer followed, now its like entering MI6. Conditional offer and then when all the checks are done unconditional offer. Anyway all is almost completed now including the DBS enhanced checks, which is annoying as I only renewed mine in Dec last year, however part of my new contract is that I sign up to the continuous DBS checking system -already done. Anyway as the days turn into weeks its beginning to get a bit wearing with colleagues asking me to stay. Its a really nice thing to do, but they don't appreciate the amount of time and deliberation I have put into making this decison and I have committed to it -there is no going back and besides its time to move on froma place that will only harbour and trigger bad memories of the last several years -especially the commuting which is when I would often burst into tears struggling knowing what to do for the best with my mum and myself for that matter.

Last edited:

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I totally understand how you feel about colleagues asking you not to leave, I went through the same when I changed schools to move back to Manchester. I should have started my new job after the Easter holidays but my headteacher negotiated a later start date of end May. It kind of suited me as I had more time to get my house ready to sell but left me starting my new job part way through the new term. Even on my last day, the head came to my classroom to ask me to change my mind!!! Really upsetting for me.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I totally understand how you feel about colleagues asking you not to leave, I went through the same when I changed schools to move back to Manchester. I should have started my new job after the Easter holidays but my headteacher negotiated a later start date of end May. It kind of suited me as I had more time to get my house ready to sell but left me starting my new job part way through the new term. Even on my last day, the head came to my classroom to ask me to change my mind!!! Really upsetting for me.
Yes. I know people mean well, but they haven't thought through why I have decided to move on. Its not because of them and as I have said if I could take them all with me I would. This is about me and my needs now and rallying after so much turmoil and being in a constant state of limbo for so long. I suppose it is a compliment in some ways, we don't realise how much we lean on people until they are not there anymore. Its hard to leave behind so many good people, but change is ever present in our lives, nothing is ever certain.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
That’s what happened in my mums home which was in special measures. I often wonder if these poor or incompetent managers continue to work in the care sector in another home somewhere. Our manager quit before being sacked.
They seem to move on, probably because the sector is so desperate they will find employment somewhere else :rolleyes:

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I too had a positive meeting with the new manager of mum's care home last week. She was very discreet as to why the last manager had left in a hurry, but was good at answering my queries and explaining a few things. I'm away next week, but it will be interesting to see how things are when I turn up the week after.
I'm glad you are feeling a bit happier about things @Palerider
Yes I have some restored faith in this new manager ?

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
An emotional day today but this is how it is when I visit mum -its a rollercoaster of emotions sometimes. I don't think anyone ever really adjusts to this. Not an easy weekend this time round.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
An emotional day today but this is how it is when I visit mum -its a rollercoaster of emotions sometimes. I don't think anyone ever really adjusts to this. Not an easy weekend this time round.
@Palerider please look after yourself. You have been so supportive and strong. Put your feet up and try to relax.

It is difficult. Another visitor at my husband’s home asked how I was - she meant well but when someone asks that I turn into a blubbering wreck. She understood and said that she thought having her husband in the home would make life easier. We gave that knowing smile that only someone going through it recognises.

I’ve had a bit of respite as my husband, and others, has covid so unable to visit. I phone at about 10.30 and then 11pm just to check up. They’ve not said anything but on Friday 9 residents have covid and I suspect some staff will have it too. I do hope they all look after each other, they are such lovely people, They are like a family. I’ve not told them I have it. I felt dreadful this morning did a test and it was positive. So I’m shivery, drinking lots of water, lying on settee with a blanket over me watching absolute garbage on the box!

We all need to be vigilant right now.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Just waiting for the contract to come through and then I can resign my position.

Its been a funny sort of week and its almost 7 years since my dad passed away and 7 years when this journey really started for me and mum and all the battles that have taken place since in getting it right. Its not without saying this week I have been again emotionally all over the place and emotions are a powerful thing. We learn not to let them interfere with our day to day world, but sometimes even though we conciously make an effort it shows.

Finally after months of legal rows between CHC and mums legal team they have now acquired the missing documentation, one can only hope resolution will come soon, and ponder why the CHC have been so obstructive?

Off to visit mum tomorrow and I have a new cake for her -Jaffa Doughnuts ? - we shall see if mum judges them as yummy or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968