sicut animam suam : 'it's just life'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I just want it to say a general expression 'it's just life' because through all the ups and downs it is just that like any other -keen to know your interpretation

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
Today I sat in the car having just bought a take out Costa and was listening to Smooth. Then Emeli Sande came on the radio with Clown. She wrote this superb song out of her own experience of the music business, and I just thought how much with all the different organisations I have had to deal with on mums behalf how much a part of that was being the clown (or so it seemed) -some might not grasp the point and some will, but here's the song anyway:

Thank you for this - I can definitely grasp the point - a good one to play when we are feeling desperate!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Well the wedding was great and for once it was good to be at something more positive than what has unfolded over the last few years with one thing and another. I did notice something I hadn't before with the BIL and my other niece who still lives at home -I think there is too much interdependency going on. 'A' is too young to be supporting her father and brother with LD's and needs to get on with her life. There is a great deal of sadness there still after Karens death and I think it showed at the wedding. Its difficult to know what to do without getting into more issues on this one. In the end I told A to get a drink and relax as her dad can look after himself (well he's not in the best of places, but its not A's sole responsibility). She finally managed to relax and have some fun although late in the day.

Anyway apart from that it was a lovely day and the venue was indeed five star with a Harry Potter tinge to it with owls bringing the rings -must have cost them a small fortune. I managed to obtain a Slitherin tie (rather late at night) and the level of sobriety at the point was non existent, but everyone was well behaved.

1651230596701.png
1651230618091.png
1.jpeg

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Glad it went well and a good time was had by all...

That's a really lovely old bed... but I can't help thinking it would be better suited to a bedroom than a cupboard...

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Glad it went well and a good time was had by all...

That's a really lovely old bed... but I can't help thinking it would be better suited to a bedroom than a cupboard...
The room extended behind me, but the bed was the eye catcher 7ft long so no being kept awake with my ankles on an end panel. There was also a walk in closet -too much for my needs, but useful for the high class traveller. The whole thing was actually a two duble bedded apartment -should have brought a friend ?. A small tip -don't put bubble bath in the spa tub!!!

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
The room extended behind me, but the bed was the eye catcher 7ft long so no being kept awake with my ankles on an end panel. There was also a walk in closet -too much for my needs, but useful for the high class traveller. The whole thing was actually a two duble bedded apartment -should have brought a friend ?. A small tip -don't put bubble bath in the spa tub!!!
???

Not sure I fancy those spa tubs. Don't they leave round rings on your bum when you get out??

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Sounds amazing @Palerider . Glad to hear it wasn’t a sober affair. I love a wedding. We’re the speeches good? I think that’s one of my favourite parts

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Sounds amazing @Palerider . Glad to hear it wasn’t a sober affair. I love a wedding. We’re the speeches good? I think that’s one of my favourite parts
Yes it was a delightful humanist wedding -no pomp just a wedding, peacful, joyus and in a wonderful spot, we even had a cocktail bar tender -I think thats where it all fell a part, though as I remember there were chicken goujons and fries to soak up the halcohol plus or minus the odd gin martini, stirred not shaken with a twist ;)

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Glad you had a good time @Palerider, maybe even too good a time. The owls sound interesting if a bit of seat of your pants as to whether the rings would get where they were supposed to be.
I should mention the wedding breakfast was umptuous, but was starving by late night so thank you for the goujons and fries ?. There weren't many of us standing by the end other than the grooms dad me and a few others. But I am a crafty drinker, I go slow until its approaching bed time and then I have a couple of decent drinks.

It was wonderful and I am glad I went to see my second niece of twins married, I couldn't go to the first because I was caring for mum who was supposed to go as well as me and then it all went badly wrong and we couldn't go as mum would not have coped with it -so this was a good reprieve.

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
It's hard to get motivated some days and I really want to go see mum, but the BIL is insisting I pop round. I'm going to be honest and say I am just tired of being the one that does all the running around and I don't want to have to keep on giving up my free time all the time -does that sound bad? It would be nice just for once if it was the other way round!

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
Unfortunately some people are always ‘needing’ @Palerider and they always expect you to do the running.
Yes you are right and its hard to say no, especially when we know that things aren't great for someone

I changed the plan and drove over to the BILS this afternoon and just got back, I can finally stop for the day instead of getting home late. I'll pop and see my mum tomorrow with no pressure to do anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.