advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@MaNaAk as requested a picture of the rabbit ive just finished for my great-granddaughter. hope it brings a smile to someones face.

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_130553.jpg
    IMG_20220414_130553.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 201

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
further to my husband losing/taken his bank card and me cancelling it, spoke to a very helpful lady who has unblocked my app. found where the missing money was and is refunding it to our account. i only phoned up to see where my husbands card was sent. i never thought i would see that again. also proud of myself for sorting it out. i never dealt with anything like that before, my husband always done it. ive learnt a lot since he he has been unable to do things.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
this is a new situation for me. yes i can cook but really dont like it but he is really struggling with this now so ive been handed the job. then hes telling me what to do. thats what i had feared would happen. well, he either shuts up or does the cooking. one dinner cooked. hopefully he gets the washing up!!!!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
this is a new situation for me. yes i can cook but really dont like it but he is really struggling with this now so ive been handed the job. then hes telling me what to do. thats what i had feared would happen. well, he either shuts up or does the cooking. one dinner cooked. hopefully he gets the washing up!!!!
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

You should be proud of yourself and you may find you have a hidden talent.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967 ,

You should be proud of yourself and you may find you have a hidden talent.

MaNaAk
we have agreed that i set the temperature of the oven as he cant bend down to see the numbers and he does the simpler things. it was causing problems that he didnt want to give up cooking so im the helper. i can cook and did it when he was at work. the kids havent turned out bad but its the only thing he does now and he doesnt want to give up yet.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
the mayor is officially opening the mens shed july 14th. i thank goodness that it was created. its my only break. they have all modcons in there with members etc donating things. they have my old stereo, fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee machine and a charity is donating 65inch telly. just in time for the world cup. all his dremel stuff is there in a lock box. he wont have time to come home!!!! i try not to be too happy when im showing him out of the door.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
the mayor is officially opening the mens shed july 14th. i thank goodness that it was created. its my only break. they have all modcons in there with members etc donating things. they have my old stereo, fridge, microwave, kettle, coffee machine and a charity is donating 65inch telly. just in time for the world cup. all his dremel stuff is there in a lock box. he wont have time to come home!!!! i try not to be too happy when im showing him out of the door.
Wow!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im a bit down, my back feels like i have been kicked by a cartful of shire horses. dont know what has caused the pain so bad but this morning i was limping on that leg. ive cut down on what im doing[wasnt a lot] but its a fine line between doing too much and not moving enough. my son finally finished painting and my grandson did the cutting of the lawns back and front. even my husband put shopping away. i stopped taking magnesium just to see if it was doing anything. i woke up with cramp several times so ive got some more.
i need to say that my great-granddaughter is in foster care and looks like this will be permanent. ive seen her pictures but ive never met her and it looks like i never will. the parents didnt step up so the best we can hope for is a good adoption. ive had to say goodbye and close that chapter of my life.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Oh @jennifer1967 thats so sad for you. However if it is the best thing for her then I hope she has a loving happy life. Your increased pain may also have been affected by this. I hope it settles down very soon.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
@jennifer1967 so sorry for you but I am sure a childless couple will be very happy ….it’s just sad for you…..thinking of you at this time. I guess it’s the internal pain that’s contributing to your back ache.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to hear your news @jennifer1967.

I have friends who adopted a little boy at the age of 1.5 years. He had been in foster care since birth. He turns 6 this year and is a happy, loved and well adjusted little boy. Whilst it is incredibly sad for you I hope her experience is like my little friend’s experience.

I hope your pain settles down.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Men's Sheds is definitely a wonderful thing but why isn't there an equivalent for women that wives and mums could be sent to... erm... I mean willingly attend?

My mum was extremely disdainful about the activities she was offered, usually 'craft' things such as making Easter bonnets, plus bingo. The things she did enjoy were having her nails done and her hair done, so maybe a Women's Spa Club or something similar would appeal to women? Add in a bit of baking maybe, plus tea, cake, telly and gossip...?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Men's Sheds is definitely a wonderful thing but why isn't there an equivalent for women that wives and mums could be sent to... erm... I mean willingly attend?

My mum was extremely disdainful about the activities she was offered, usually 'craft' things such as making Easter bonnets, plus bingo. The things she did enjoy were having her nails done and her hair done, so maybe a Women's Spa Club or something similar would appeal to women? Add in a bit of baking maybe, plus tea, cake, telly and gossip...?
im grateful for the 3 hours twice a week. my neighbour calls it man cave. something to think about. i would prefer dancing and music although thats out for me but i could jig in my chair. and sing. maybe we used chuck ideas into the pot and see what we can come up with?