I Saw Mum And Dad's Butterfly Again Today

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good evening everyone,

I first saw mum's butterfly, a Brimstone, just over a year after her death and about the time of my birthday. It is a woodland butterfly and we don't live near the woods. I saw it again last year on dad's second anniversary and again I am not near any woods. I saw it for the third time today in the same place just as I was leaving to go shopping. I think they know that I'm moving.

MaNaAk

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Good evening everyone,

I first saw mum's butterfly, a Brimstone, just over a year after her death and about the time of my birthday. It is a woodland butterfly and we don't live near the woods. I saw it again last year on dad's second anniversary and again I am not near any woods. I saw it for the third time today in the same place just as I was leaving to go shopping. I think they know that I'm moving.

MaNaAk
What a lovely thing to happen. It has made me smile and shed a tear. Take good care.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I had the butterfly experience on the 22nd February during my OH funeral service, one flew down the church isle, landed on the window and sat there all through the service.

Yankeeabroad

Oct 24, 2021
Good evening everyone,

MaNaAk
That’s so special. I think that these things happen for a reason.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
I have had several similar experiences. I’ve always been a bit of a sceptic about these things but have to admit that the coincidences were amazing and I did find it comforting.

CAL Y

Jul 17, 2021
Good evening everyone,

MaNaAk
Hi MaNaAk. That’s interesting. When my first husband died 35years ago, I was at the top of the mountain Jungfrau in Switzerland, 11.000ft. and a yellow butterfly followed me around in the snow, fluttering around my head.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Two days after my grandmother passed away we tried to find my great-grandparents grave. It was an overcast day and a Red Admiral appeared and led us to it. Nine years later a Red Admiral is in our garden on the day of mum's funeral! I also think that mum was calling dad home when he passed away because he seemed to wait for my two brothers and I to arrive before slipping away. We also heard the death rattle three times it was also all very peaceful. Our youngest brother is very sceptical but myself and my eldest brother found it strange.

MaNaAk

PS: Last year when the family home was sold I was going to post the keys through the door but the bus went past the stop as if mum and dad were trying to get me to move on. I remember @jennifer1967 agreeing with this.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Two days after my grandmother passed away we tried to find my great-grandparents grave. It was an overcast day and a Red Admiral appeared and led us to it. Nine years later a Red Admiral is in our garden on the day of mum's funeral! I also think that mum was calling dad home when he passed away because he seemed to wait for my two brothers and I to arrive before slipping away. We also heard the death rattle three times it was also all very peaceful. Our youngest brother is very sceptical but myself and my eldest brother found it strange.

MaNaAk

PS: Last year when the family home was sold I was going to post the keys through the door but the bus went past the stop as if mum and dad were trying to get me to move on. I remember @jennifer1967 agreeing with this.
i remember the post and i believe in fate and that its meant to be. that everything happens for a reason. my dil believes when she sees feathers they are from angel wings of her nan. if it brings comfort, its meant to be.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I have always been sceptical about these things but I had a strange experience in a church. A couple of years ago I went to the funeral of my mums childhood friend. My cousin told me about it so I decided I would go to represent my mum so I went in and sat down near the back.

Nobody knew who I was apart from my cousin who I hadn't seen yet and when the person speaking was talking about my mums friend he mentioned that she had met her husband on a night out with my mum which was a surprise and really nice to hear my mums name said out loud at a service where very few people would have remembered her. Somebody touched me on the shoulder right then and I looked round expecting to see my cousin behind me but she wasn't. I didn't know the people behind me and they showed no sign of having tapped me on the shoulder so I didn't know what to think.

It was quite nice and I still don't know what to think. If someone else had told me that I would have thought 'Yeah okay' but it happened so I just don't know. I like to think that perhaps mum was pleased that I gone for her or maybe it was the friend. I have not told anyone about that, only on here because it sounds silly.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have always been sceptical about these things but I had a strange experience in a church. A couple of years ago I went to the funeral of my mums childhood friend. My cousin told me about it so I decided I would go to represent my mum so I went in and sat down near the back.

Nobody knew who I was apart from my cousin who I hadn't seen yet and when the person speaking was talking about my mums friend he mentioned that she had met her husband on a night out with my mum which was a surprise and really nice to hear my mums name said out loud at a service where very few people would have remembered her. Somebody touched me on the shoulder right then and I looked round expecting to see my cousin behind me but she wasn't. I didn't know the people behind me and they showed no sign of having tapped me on the shoulder so I didn't know what to think.

It was quite nice and I still don't know what to think. If someone else had told me that I would have thought 'Yeah okay' but it happened so I just don't know. I like to think that perhaps mum was pleased that I gone for her or maybe it was the friend. I have not told anyone about that, only on here because it sounds silly.
After mum's death I was on my music holiday when someone said 'hello' and I looked round and nobody had said 'hello' to me. In hospital the day before dad passed away I was there on my own when the same thing happened. I like to think my dear mum was there and stayed with dad through the night until he passed away the following day. Shortly after nana passed away mum and I both thought we heard the curtain that dad had erected outside the toilet so that nana could enter her wheelchair, being drawn as if she was still there!

MaNaAk

Jessie107

Aug 11, 2016
Brighton
Two days after my mother died, my husband got up at 2am for a drink of water ( he sleeps down stairs as I am bedbound) all was normal in the kitchen,
Then at 4AM something disturbed him so he went into the kitchen again, this time a packet of cheese sauce had been taken out of the cupboard and left by the sink , it had the top of it torn off. The cupboard from which it was taken is the other end of the room. There was also another packet on the floor under the cupboard which had fallen out with the cheese sauce. Those items were buried under other things in the cupboard so could not have just fallen out.
My husband was unable to get back to sleep afterwards as he was so shocked as it wasn't there when he first got up at 2am.
My mother loved cooking we are convinced this was a sign from her, we were the only two in the house that night.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia

MaNaAk

Butterflies have been the symbol of renewal and transformation since time immemorial and your association of the presence of one at a time of great sadness is not surprising.

I was walking through the local cemetery this morning and came past the area where over a century ago paupers were buried in unmarked graves. There is a small bronze monument acknowledging the history of the spot and at the top there is a beautiful bright blue butterfly.

But butterflies are for happiness too. My daughter has had a love of butterflies since she was a child so in my speech at her wedding, I finished with some thoughts about the meaning of butterflies. I also gave the bride and groom a gift of a beautiful ruby coloured crystal butterfly.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Butterflies have been the symbol of renewal and transformation since time immemorial and your association of the presence of one at a time of great sadness is not surprising.

I was walking through the local cemetery this morning and came past the area where over a century ago paupers were buried in unmarked graves. There is a small bronze monument acknowledging the history of the spot and at the top there is a beautiful bright blue butterfly.

But butterflies are for happiness too. My daughter has had a love of butterflies since she was a child so in my speech at her wedding, I finished with some thoughts about the meaning of butterflies. I also gave the bride and groom a gift of a beautiful ruby coloured crystal butterfly.
I'm a member of Butterfly Conservation and it was mum and nana that nurtured my love of nature. Dad wasn't quite so interested in nature but his eyesight was amazing and he sometimes joined us when we were birdwatching by saying what's this or what's that? What he was looking at were Bullfinches, Greenfinches, Chaffinches, Long-tailed Tits etc...

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I think that the butterfly also a sign that mum and dad appreciate that I am doing all I can in my latest situation and they're pleased that I am in a lovelier flat.

MaNaAk

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I'm pleased you have a lovely flat @MaNaAk and your ability to take all this moving on shows how strong you really are. I saw a small blue butterfly today whilst watering my garden pots it was really pretty.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone.

I thought of dear dad today after having seen an advert for Dementia UK on Facebook. It's nearly three years since his passing and sometimes it's still painful. He was admitted to hospital on the 11th June and gone on the 12th June but at least it was peaceful.

MaNaAk