Windy weather

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Well somehow my garden refuse bin that I’d left out in the lee of neighbour’s hedge has been emptied and transformed into somebody else’s. Mine had a large sticker with my address on! Neighbour has checked and has her own.?‍?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
E74FD037-6529-4B41-AEBC-D062266FD53A.jpeg

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Perhaps the buildings around about created a sort of vortex on your property? We’re in a corner so all the rubbish ends up on our property. In the past fence panels from the neighbours have fallen down on my plants. In our case it’s a south/westerly wind that causes the damage.
I'm the same with a corner house! And on a hill too, so all the litter in the road arrives on my front/side garden. It's also a snow magnet. I remember when the snow came from the Beast from the East, there was a light covering everywhere but my front garden was a couple of feet deep, so there must be some sort of magic vortex there. And it's a frost pocket. When the snow had melted elsewhere, my garden was still thick with it days later so it looked like I'd had a load of snow dumped there.

Pah.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
We're on amber alert today. Also my friends and I went out last night and I was amazed to see buses going along the roads across the high street instead of the A13! On the way back we had to walk to the top of the high street instead of catching the bus at the bus station because their normal route had been cut off.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
We're on amber alert today. Also my friends and I went out last night and I was amazed to see buses going along the roads across the high street instead of the A13! On the way back we had to walk to the top of the high street instead of catching the bus at the bus station because their normal route had been cut off.

MaNaAk
we are on yellow weather warning

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
@nitram looks like the Mersey is going to flood at Didsbury again. I used to have a flat near there, many moons ago.

Here in High Peak it has rained solidly all day. I'm on a hill and the road has a foot-wide stream rushing down it at one side. Not great news for those at the bottom end.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'm OK, I'm 60m above nearest water course, with no hillside above me, before lidar came into common use the EA used to say I was at risk of flooding

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Pretty dreadful here now - far worse than Friday/Saturday. The stream down the road has widened to 2-3 feet and is more of a torrent now...

But no danger of flooding - it all goes straight past my house. I'm pretty high up here so if my house is flooded, most of the rest of the country would be completely under water... ?

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
We have been on river watch. All good but surrounded by water. Friends upstream not so lucky and are flooded. No outdoor swim fix today as the roads are flooded and my balance is not good enough now for the racing canoe ? . Our former home flooded too. I hope everyone else is safe and dry.

Its still raining and flood alert remains in place

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@Dunroamin I'm sorry your balance isn't good enough for a K1. I presume you've thought of a WWR or put a float to the side of the K1 like the Paralympians use. Or would a stable plastic work?

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
@Dunroamin I'm sorry your balance isn't good enough for a K1. I presume you've thought of a WWR or put a float to the side of the K1 like the Paralympians use. Or would a stable plastic work?
My carer suggests an outrigger!! We used to race thses in California when over ther. The racing canoe was used for the Devizes to Westminster race.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Outrigger was the word I wanted.

Many of my friends have done DW but I never fancied it. Most in K2. Husband back in the day wanted to do it but couldn't find a partner as it is a big training commitment.

Our original sport was canoe slalom. Hubby in a C1.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
In wind news trees down round this area today and social media is telling me tiles and a petrol station roof fairly locally.

Photo is where we walk the dog a few hundred yards from the house
IMG-20220221-WA0004.jpg