Windy weather

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just got email from house insurers explaining how to make various claims arising from storms,

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Snow settling and forecast last for a few hours, no wind so not drifting.
2022-02-19_103818.png

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The winds calmed down overnight, as forecast. Unfortunately I missed the chance of an early walk with the dogs and now, a couple of hours later we’ve got high winds and rain. Just managed to get out to feed the birds without getting too wet.
I rescued the hanging bird box the Blue Tits had been in and out of which had blown down when the branch broke. I will find a new branch for it once the storm has passed through.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I managed to replace a plastic drainpipe which had blown down. I`m not sure it's strong enough but it will do for now until I can get someone to strengthen it.

There are also pieces of felt from the garage roof that will need to be replaced.

There are quite a few roof slate tiles dotted about my garden. They are not mine because my roof tiles are terracotta so that`s a relief for me.

Considering how strong the wind was we have been quite lucky.

I hope no one here has suffered damage to their property

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Just come back from shopping in the rain and found that the men's hoovering team have won a medal.

MaNaAk

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Captain Khalifa Al Thani, pictured, posted footage from inside the cockpit of his Boeing 777 as he battled with the controls to keep the jet lined up with Heathrow Airport's Runway 27L. At the same time, Jerry Dyer of Big Jet TV was providing excited commentary of the passenger aircraft's approach.

Easy Peasy for a trained pilot! Glad I wasn’t a passenger though ?

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
No damage to our property as far as I can tell but one side of the roof I can’t see without going round the neighbours. Hopefully they will let us know. I was a bit worried about their trampoline taking off (big garden) also the swings. Probably managed to secure them somehow. Round about there are reports of trees down & roof damage to local cinema so roads closed.

Pork Pie lady

Mar 16, 2013
Anglia
How is it that the fence belonging to my next door neighbour has been blown over towards my garden and was heading for my conservatory while the fence belonging to me on the other side has been blown in the opposite direction and was banging up against my toilet window and bits off the plant in the garden across the road are on my front drive? Did something cause a massive vacuum around my house sucking everything in?

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Perhaps the buildings around about created a sort of vortex on your property? We’re in a corner so all the rubbish ends up on our property. In the past fence panels from the neighbours have fallen down on my plants. In our case it’s a south/westerly wind that causes the damage.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Perhaps the buildings around about created a sort of vortex on your property? We’re in a corner so all the rubbish ends up on our property. In the past fence panels from the neighbours have fallen down on my plants. In our case it’s a south/westerly wind that causes the damage.
There's a bit of blue sky now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti