Partner or Spouse

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK

I have a partner with dementia​

This forum is for people with a partner or spouse with dementia.

of course it does @Genie of the lamp .. anyone who considers themselves to be a partner, however they define the term

the 'I care for someone ...' forum tends to be used by eg children, grandchildren of the person, friends or other relationships

a warm welcome to DTP

Last edited:

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I'm living with my partner of over 20 odd years. I do always refer to myself as his partner. I edited my post as believe I misunderstood the question being asked ,my apologies.

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I always refer to OH which is not gender specific, does not imply that we are married or in a civil partnership, nor whether it is a heterosexual or homosexual relationship.
It encompasses it all

Welcome to the forum @Genie of the lamp

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Genie of the lamp and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. I hope that you find this to be a friendly and supportive community. Feel free to ask questions, look for support, sound off, contribute to discussions or whatever else you wish to do.

I would say this is the forum that I have posted to the most. I usually refer to my wife but partner (however that is defined) would do just as well. While some people are keen not to specify gender, I find it helpful to do so if I am looking for specific things eg what trousers would be best (for her).

It is entirely in your hands as to what to include in your post and where to post it. It is worth bearing in mind privacy and not giving out person-identifiable information.

Another useful forum is the financial one and for a bit of light relief the Tea Room is a good place.

Genie of the lamp

Jan 25, 2022
MMHi @Genie of the lamp and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. I hope that you find this to be a friendly and supportive community. Feel free to ask questions, look for support, sound off, contribute to discussions or whatever else you wish to do.

I would say this is the forum that I have posted to the most. I usually refer to my wife but partner (however that is defined) would do just as well. While some people are keen not to specify gender, I find it helpful to do so if I am looking for specific things eg what trousers would be best (for her).

It is entirely in your hands as to what to include in your post and where to post it. It is worth bearing in mind privacy and not giving out person-identifiable information.

Another useful forum is the financial one and for a bit of light relief the Tea Room is a good place.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson