It’s getting clearer by the day!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I had to go into dad’s again today as I was expecting a delivery of a Z bed for me. After the other night I cannot sleep on the floor anymore.
Dad was in the recliner today. But he looks terrible!
He ate his breakfast which was quite a lot . When the lunchtime carer came I suggested giving him half a a WF meal as he struggles with it. I told her that I could give him the rest if he wanted it later. But suggested writing it the narrative alongside the fact that he left his breakfast drink. He has been sleeping and yawning a lot.
He didn’t want the rest of the meal so I threw it away and gave him a small bit of cherry cake which he ate. He also drank some Foodlink milkshake and I left him with a gooseberry fool. Not that I think he will eat it.
He had started to get restless in the chair but declined to go to bed rest. He is looking pale and then flushed. Hardly any conversation.
I have emailed the Care Company for an assessment and for them to contact SALT. Apparently dad is hardly weight bearing sometimes. He really is beginning to lose weight which is becoming more noticeable.. I have said to the care company that if dad needs a hoist there will be no chance of getting into the bedroom. The carer thinks that is not to far off, especially as they had difficulty with dad and the stand aid to get him off the commode. He hardly held onto the handles and if he had let go he would have slipped through the belt..

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Is it worth getting hold of social services again @TNJJ? It really doesn't sound as though it would take much for a crisis to happen, and your dad ends up in hospital. A managed move to a care home, even if it is a way away would seem a better option for him now.
I'm amazed you are managing to keep going, what with him and your mum.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Is it worth getting hold of social services again @TNJJ? It really doesn't sound as though it would take much for a crisis to happen, and your dad ends up in hospital. A managed move to a care home, even if it is a way away would seem a better option for him now.
I'm amazed you are managing to keep going, what with him and your mum.
I have put the assessment in the hands of the Care Company at the moment . But I do need to get hold of them for myself.