advice please

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
good afternoon @MaNaAk i will keep mentioning about my birthday in march or his in march. he wants to go out with me again next week after ive finally had my booster[on my to do list] we have a few birthdays coming up. my scooter doesnt get much past neutral but its a bit like a date.
Not to mention meeting your great granddaughter when you are all able to.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive spoken to the gp about my booster as its 4 weeks overdue. they are doing them but cant say when i will get mine so just have to wait. bagged myself a blood test into the bargain for my diabetes. and he has to have his blood test for his iron levels this afternoon. hes missing mens shed and missing the banter and wind up so he was practicing on me. he nearly had something thrown in his direction yesterday. he goes in 6 days however many hours time not that im counting or anything!!!!! so i will get an hour this afternoon. we are going out tomorrow hopefully together rather than today.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Yes, I see what you mean, i have the same with mum, if she were on her own they would have to visit but because I drive it is expected that I do it.
Several years ago my husband answered the phone to the doctors demanding she attend for an int ….she was in bed with pneumonia…he told them in no uncertain terms to get their act together and visit. I would have just been embarrassed and cried!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Yes, I see what you mean, i have the same with mum, if she were on her own they would have to visit but because I drive it is expected that I do it.
Several years ago my husband answered the phone to the doctors demanding she attend for an int ….she was in bed with pneumonia…he told them in no uncertain terms to get their act together and visit. I would have just been embarrassed and cried!
it was hard fought for with the pain even getting the right pain relief that actually worked in the beginning. i did a few runs to the dr in taxi then walk in but i was in agony for a couple days afterwards so they told me that not to come but they would come to me. the gp finally approved it then left. the new one is better and tells my husband how it is if he refuses tablets. she pulls no punches with him and he does as hes told. wonderful woman!!!!!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 how is the oramorph working out for you? Must be nice not to have the dreaded itchy patches...
its better than itchy patches. with paracetamol is working and my gp has approved it. and i can sleep. im a lot more careful how much i do now and my husband is more aware and will help me. i ask for help more as well so between the 2 its not pain free but a lot better. it took a fair bit of moisturizing to sort my back and i wouldnt go back to them.
my gp said that because of the 2 overdoses that sent me to hospital, they got a bit frightened to prescribe tablets. im still having weekly scripts because of it. the new one is good and more patient led.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a bit of a blow until at least february that the mens shed is closed on a monday morning due to no electric yet therefore no heating or lighting plus covid so my monday is gone for another few weeks. thursday is on as they go into the churchs cafe for coffee. more of a social time. should be grateful for that. hes gone shopping this morning. the new stereo is a hit though, hes fascinated with the changing colours of the speakers.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @jennifer1967,

Remember we are already in the second week of January so it's only a couple of Mondays that he'll be missing. Could he meet some of the other men separately on a Monday?

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

Remember we are already in the second week of January so it's only a couple of Mondays that he'll be missing. Could he meet some of the other men separately on a Monday?

MaNaAk
its about 4 weeks unless theres a hitch. hes meeting them thursday so maybe he can suggest it. i know theres 1 that has said hed like to meet up with my husband for coffee so we will see. its just its been shut 2 weeks over christmas so seems longer. he misses it. he is good at the moment just a bit disappointing for both of us. i will have to go out more often or together would be good.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
weve now got a date for our bathroom adaption on 27/1 after i had to put it on hold last time as i was not well.
hes done not much but sleep today and some of yesterday. i had to get him up early both mornings as i had early appts at home. hes going to mens shed in church cafe tomorrow so another early start. at least he can relax with his friends. hes eating, drinking and had meds, just tired i think. its nice and peaceful other than his snores but i know im lucky.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

I hope the pain will abate tonight.

MaNaAk
thank you @MaNaAk just taken more painkillers. i was putting some curtains up after id ironed them. ive been using my stick around the house to take the weight off of that leg and back. heat pad did help as my muscles relaxed. i have an electric blanket so put that on and see if that helps as well. my dil is coming to help me tomorrow. the bathroom adaption starts on thursday and its all cleared and ready for the start. he is helping as much as hes able.
he keeps catching his arm on a door handle and making it tear and bleed. his spatial awareness has deteriorated as he keeps cutting corners and almost tripping over things.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

I hope you're okay today and I'm also thinking of your husband.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk i just ache, not great night but electric blanket helped. my oldest son is taking my husband out today and my dil is coming to help me while they are gone. she is really good and always willing to help. happy birthday to my grandson! my son is absolutely brilliant with my husband.