And suddenly it’s over

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
Mum died peacefully in a nursing home this afternoon. I am relieved that it is over, the last few months have been awful for her and for me, but I am in pieces.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I'm sorry for your loss, as you say a relief it is over.

That doesn't make your loss any easier. As canary say be gentle with yourself.

JaxG

May 15, 2021
I am so sorry for your loss. It must be such a tangle of mixed emotions, the relief that the suffering is over but you can finally grieve for the person she was. Such a cruel disease.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss CardiffGirlInEssex, sending hugs your way

CardiffGirlInEssex

Oct 6, 2018
Thank you all for your kindness. My Dad doesn’t know yet, as telephone communication is nearly impossible and I can’t travel till tomorrow. His cousin will go round in the morning to tell him and be with him until I get there. He is going to take it hard I think, even though we have been expecting it, it’s still much more of a shock than I thought it would be, now it’s actually happened.

I have had to phone my mother‘s four siblings this evening, that was hard . They are all upset too, of course, she was their big sister.

Mudlark

Jan 13, 2020
So sorry for your loss and feel for your pain. You sound like a wonderful daughter. Be kind to yourself during this emotional time.