advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
My night wasn't that brilliant as my ezcema bothered me to start but that aside are you okay?

MaNaAk
im ok just tired. i might go out myself today as didnt go anywhere yesterday. i got really down last night with it and had the twitches again. its just where i had to change my patch last night and it takes a bit of time to work in.
eczema is a total pain if its sore or itchy. i should put more moisturiser on.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
have had a few nights of broken sleep and the fetanyl patch is not so good for the pain as the butec patch and its making me twitch. phoned gp today and im going back on the butec patch with heavy dose of antihistamines and plenty of emollient before that so my skin is not dry with eczema. i was getting to the end of my tether with it and i hope this solves the problem because there is not a lot else they can do for it. my son is on standby to pick the prescription up again.
at least hes gone to his mens shed so only have suit myself. im absolutely worn out so doing very little today

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
have had a few nights of broken sleep and the fetanyl patch is not so good for the pain as the butec patch and its making me twitch. phoned gp today and im going back on the butec patch with heavy dose of antihistamines and plenty of emollient before that so my skin is not dry with eczema. i was getting to the end of my tether with it and i hope this solves the problem because there is not a lot else they can do for it. my son is on standby to pick the prescription up again.
at least hes gone to his mens shed so only have suit myself. im absolutely worn out so doing very little today
Has the doctor called back yet @jennifer1967 ? Does anyone else reading this have a special mattress that they could recommend?

MaNaAk

Sunlit Summit

Dec 6, 2021
my husband has vascular dementia and is constantly ordering and demanding. hes constantly nagging me to do what he wants. immediately. i need to shorten his jeans so nagged again until i do them. i make sure the house is clean for him and he always has clean clothes. always got what he needs and wants. he explodes when he gets frustrated. tonight he has shouted at me and told me he doesnt want to see me again tonight. i gave him his meds and he was still stroppy. ive left him there. even nagging me about i havent had the jab yet, ive no control over that and his shouting is not going to get it any quicker.
the kids dont see any difference in him. its usually me thats the mad one. he takes the rise out of me and laughs about it. says stupid things then laughs. he can still cook but it doesnt wash things out very well. i have tried to ignore what he says not react but he scares me when he shouts. tonight for the first time in a while, i locked the bathroom door while having a shower. didnt feel safe to leave it unlocked. the other thing he does that i dont know how to handle is that he gropes. i have to go past his chair to go out the front room door and his hands is are outstretched to grab me. we have separate rooms and we dont have a physical relationship as such. we will hug and kiss goodnight but not any further. hes always been short-tempered but this is ongoing every day. i have to jump to commands. he presents like you wouldnt think anything is wrong. it hurts and all i can do is cry which seems to make no difference. we dont have carers and wont as he has capacity to say no. the dementia has exaggerated the temper he already had. any ideas?
Your situation must be hard to endure, are your kids able to help? You need time away for your own needs. Have you tried guided meditations on you tube? My situation is also difficult and meditation has helped enormously. Sending kind thoughts, hang in there.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Has the doctor called back yet @jennifer1967 ? Does anyone else reading this have a special mattress that they could recommend?

MaNaAk
yes the gp phoned back this morning and going back to original patch with heavier anti-histamines and more emollient to sort the eczema. ive then had to chase the prescription between pharmacy and the doctors. working it out where it is. sorted now and my son will pick it all up who has been on standby all day to pick it up. im shattered and stressed and have just about had enough. i nearly told them where to stick all my tablets but just managed to hang on to my rope. the pharmacy will only do one delivery a week which is my weekly scripts. its unbelievable and all this stress is making the pain worse.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Your situation must be hard to endure, are your kids able to help? You need time away for your own needs. Have you tried guided meditations on you tube? My situation is also difficult and meditation has helped enormously. Sending kind thoughts, hang in there.
the situation between my husband and i is better since hes been on memantine. i have nerve pain which is hard to medicate for to stop the pain. im also housebound because of that. my daughter works and has young children. she does his trays as she a dispenser in a pharmacy. my son is carer for his partner and his son but he will help and get the prescription. did have cbt but doesnt work when im in pain, tired through lack of sleep due to the pain and being full-time carer to my husband. i have no way of looking after my needs in isolation to meet my husbands needs. there is no help for me when a husband has capacity and a disabled carer who finds it almost impossible to go out the front door. my other son is in kent. hes a full-time teacher with a young child.

Sunlit Summit

Dec 6, 2021
your situation is very hard, especially being housebound, I would urge you to try guided meditations use headphones and just listen. You can find ones for dealing with pain, also for self worth and love, you are doing valuable work in difficult circumstances. Be kind to yourself. Sending thoughts of strength.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
its going to be a long night, i went to bed in pain and it doesnt matter how i position myself, it hurts. ive lost track how many broken nights ive had with this. im shattered and was crying in pain so i thought i would take myself downstairs so i dont wake him up.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

I hope you had a better night.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk yes had a better night and slept. i could actually just lay there without too much ache. i was actually comfortable. i could actually lay on the right side which i naturally do. the last few weeks have been awful. my skin is beginning to itch but im taking the anti-histamines and i really hoping it settles down.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive just about had enough. been up most of the night because the patch has reacted and ive had uncontrollable itching, im shaking, felt awful last night and its had to come off again so ive got to phone the doctor again this morning. the doctors are going to be so fed up with me. ive taken anti-histamines they gave me and done everything that they have told me. its the original butec one that i reacted to before and set this whole miserable cycle off. got a man coming to replace the gas meter today so i cant even go back to bed when my husband goes off to mens shed. im looking after him the best way i can.