Father being malnourished in hospital

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this - please get some professional help (PALS, solicitor, Dementia Careline) in to help with your complaint.

I hope your poor dad is ok.

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Hello, just a quick update. The hospital have allowed Dads toe to turn black and die. He now faces an above the knee amputation.

He hospital are doing an internal investigation. They clearly think he had not received the correct care. I’m going to focus on helping Dad get the best out come from this situation. I hope he is well enough for the surgery.

I’m going to make a new post to see if anyone had been through the complaint and investigation process. Does anyone know how to find a he right part of the forum to find support or any advice at all about how to handle this?

I just feel crushed and overwhelmed.
Oh wow. So sad and angry for you to hear this. Your poor Dad. Of course you are livid. I can't help with going through the complaint process but I do remember feeling that my Mums care in hospital was inadequate and at times dangerous.

rosy apple cheeks

Oct 27, 2021
Hello, I just wanted to say thank your for you support I wish I had found this community sooner.

Dad passed away peacefully at home home last week ❤️

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
I’m really sorry to hear about your dad. You obviously loved him and did your best for him. He was lucky to have you. Not everyone has caring children. Take care of yourself.

Primrose66

Mar 30, 2016