advice please

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
@Jaded'n'faded the fetanyl patches are better for pain relief. no itching and size of a postage stamp change every 3 days. they may well a bad name in america but to me they are brilliant. they are long-term, full-time and no doubt addictive but they give you freedom. you wanted a report of them and i would recommend these rather than butec patches. you even feel you wearing them.
This is great news :)

But... don't go doing lots of housework just because you're feeling less pain!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
bonus today, my son and his partner have taken my husband shopping i think for my present, a surprise one. expensive i hope!!! so i have enjoyed a bit of a break. its sad but he looks like an mixed-up, bewildered old man and has slipped quite a lot in the last few weeks. im doing more and more for him. walking is harder as they hurt and of course his COPD shortens distances as well. at least is lanyard came so he wont have to suffer people giving him accusing looks because hes medically exempt from wearing masks. i put the wrong music on as well which is making me sad.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
the patches are definitely making me sleepy and have vivid dreams. last night i dreamt that i had got a job in a shop the size of a warehouse and and was sweeping the floor all night with a long headed broom. im ready to go back to bed. ??

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Also maybe you do too much housework.
probably @MaNaAk
@nita it only 12micograms per hour. its fentanyl rather than buprenorphine which i was on 20mg. i only have to put my feet up and im asleep. maybe its just warm and comfortable. its so cold outside. i cant sit and just do nothing, i have to be doing something even sat down.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
The dosage won't be the same as morphine because fentanyl is between 50 and 100 times more potent!

Feeling sleepy is one of the (many) side effects. Irritation at the site of the patch is common too. Please be careful - it's powerful stuff :(

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
The dosage won't be the same as morphine because fentanyl is between 50 and 100 times more potent!

Feeling sleepy is one of the (many) side effects. Irritation at the site of the patch is common too. Please be careful - it's powerful stuff :(
i thought it was more powerful. not had the itch with this one as yet. i thought sleepy was caused through it. takes more effort to do things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR