advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have had the call back from the doctors and guess what im allergic to the glue of the patches. hes not happy giving painkillers so hes going to prescribe yet another different type of patch. different brand[not sure the glue is any different]. pharmacy will probably not have it in stock so will need to be ordered. i have to get someone to collect it as pharmacy wont do 2 deliveries in a week. my tablets are done on fridays. either way, im left without painkillers until i can get the patch.
im clearing the bathroom as they are due to start thursday. ive not got a super heros cape but im expected to work miracles. aside from all that, ive still got his care to do and everything else. just have to get on with it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
good news, i can go on the bus with my mobility scooter and the driver has been spoken to and no need for an assessment before i get on. phone customer services again as im getting different answers. im in too much pain to even consider going out but thats been worrying me as well.
hes gone but was a bit demanding this morning probably worrying about me and the music is a bit louder than usual but my neighbours do enjoy it so im giving pleasure to other people.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you go to https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc . search on trade name and scroll down to 6.1 you should see details of the adhesive(s) used.

Butrans gives different adhesives for passive and active areas of patch

Adhesive matrix (containing buprenorphine):
[(Z)-octadec-9-en-1-yl] (Oleyl oleate),
Povidone K90,
4-oxopentanic acid, (Levulinic Acid)
Poly[acrylic acid-co-butylacrylate-co-(2-ethylhexyl)acrylate-co-vinylacetate] (5:15:75:5), cross-linked (DuroTak 387-2054)

Adhesive matrix (without buprenorphine):
Poly[acrylic acid-co-butylacrylate-co-(2-ethylhexyl) acrylate-co-vinylacetate] (5:15:75:5), not cross-linked (DuroTak 387-2051

The two DuroTaks are the same basic adhesive adhesive, difference is in mechanical properties

Happy research looking for different adhesive on other brands.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
phoned pharmacy and as predicted, they havent got it in stock so have ordered it to come in tomorrow. my son has been ill but he said he will collect it tomorrow and just drop it off. please dont let me have to go through all 8 brands and still be allergic to the glue.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
If you go to https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc . search on trade name and scroll down to 6.1 you should see details of the adhesive(s) used.

Butrans gives different adhesives for passive and active areas of patch

Adhesive matrix (containing buprenorphine):
[(Z)-octadec-9-en-1-yl] (Oleyl oleate),
Povidone K90,
4-oxopentanic acid, (Levulinic Acid)
Poly[acrylic acid-co-butylacrylate-co-(2-ethylhexyl)acrylate-co-vinylacetate] (5:15:75:5), cross-linked (DuroTak 387-2054)

Adhesive matrix (without buprenorphine):
Poly[acrylic acid-co-butylacrylate-co-(2-ethylhexyl) acrylate-co-vinylacetate] (5:15:75:5), not cross-linked (DuroTak 387-2051

The two DuroTaks are the same basic adhesive adhesive, difference is in mechanical properties

Happy research looking for different adhesive on other brands.
thank you @nitram i have had a look and both have got most of the same substances in the glue acrylate adhesive

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
phoned pharmacy and as predicted, they havent got it in stock so have ordered it to come in tomorrow. my son has been ill but he said he will collect it tomorrow and just drop it off. please dont let me have to go through all 8 brands and still be allergic to the glue.
I still think it would be better to recover fully from the first allergic reaction before trying a new one as your system is still in overdrive, fight the enemy mode and is likely to react to anything. Actually I'm surprised your doc hasn't considered this. (But nothing doctors say/do/dont do surprises me much these days.)

Good luck @jennifer1967 There's nothing worse than being in constant pain. If only it were visible! I recall in the past when I've been in severe pain, and wishing there was a line of blue dots on my forehead to indicate it, so others would realise how bad I was feeling.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I still think it would be better to recover fully from the first allergic reaction before trying a new one as your system is still in overdrive, fight the enemy mode and is likely to react to anything. Actually I'm surprised your doc hasn't considered this. (But nothing doctors say/do/dont do surprises me much these days.)

Good luck @jennifer1967 There's nothing worse than being in constant pain. If only it were visible! I recall in the past when I've been in severe pain, and wishing there was a line of blue dots on my forehead to indicate it, so others would realise how bad I was feeling.
the problem is i need painkillers and this is all they will give me, i understand that and it was my fault but this is the 3rd day of no strong painkillers/patch and its getting to me now. that was the problem last time of insufficient pain control. at least theres hope this time.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i went to bed and im up again. cant settle, legs wont stay still and i keep getting sudden shakes which i cant sleep with. im in pain and its going to be a long night for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amyelizabeth