advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i went out for a nice time with my friend. organized everything with the surveyor and my daughter coming down etc. best laid plans. my husband had told my daughter not to come but gave no reason. she phoned me. i phoned him to see what he was up to and the surveyor was already there so he dealt with it. all this while having a cup of tea with a friend. im not even here and im still co-ordinating the household.
good news from surveyor, the bathroom adaption will probably start october/ november and it will take 10 days. a pain but worth it when its finished. just means using the kitchen sink for a few days. at least i wont have a problem of getting my patch wet. it also means no more carrying bowls of water from kitchen to living room as he will be able to go in the shower. i will have to stay with him but i wont have the lifting. plenty of time before christmas. i had a lovely time with my friend and good to talk to someone else. i managed steer the scooter more successfully on the bus. feel more confident now. im now tired as i am when i go out. he goes bout tomorrow so more peace

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he enjoyed mens shed. they have safety inspection today. he has to wear steel toe cap shoes which have bought. there are a lot of heavy tools coming in so safety first for their feet. they wear masks when needed as well. he enjoys the chat and banter. they were laying slabs down which he cant do but happily sat and supervised. pushed the boat out and had 2 cups of coffee.
a lady phoned about day centre. the SW came 3 months and they have only just received the referral. not sure why it took so long for her to refer him. obviously, he has refused as he wants to concentrate on mens shed which will open up on more days. they are going to take it in turns to pick him up. he has made a few friends for the first time in a very long time.
the council surveyor has measured the bathroom ands the adaption is due to start october/ november and will take 10 days. i wasnt here so my husband has chosen the colour scheme, that only a man who hasnt got to clean it, could pick, white. hes better on the memantine although still flares up but at least not so frequent or prolonged.
my son is supposed to be strimming the garden today and pick up an electric fire. gas man too. we are popular today. i will go out tomorrow but just get papers today.
its nice to be able to share good things for a change. gives you hope and raises the mood up a bit to keep going

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning @jennifer1967,

At least you can look forward to that bathroom and your son coming today. Hopefully you've got nice weather like we have here when I was caring for dad I used to feel that having someone else took the pressure off me a bit. I also used to find dad going into the garden to do his own gardening until he could no longer manage it. It would be good if your husband could go to a day centre.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

At least you can look forward to that bathroom and your son coming today. Hopefully you've got nice weather like we have here when I was caring for dad I used to feel that having someone else took the pressure off me a bit. I also used to find dad going into the garden to do his own gardening until he could no longer manage it. It would be good if your husband could go to a day centre.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk, yes it does take pressure off of me and they will be going out as well for a short time. his partner may come with him and shes the first to put kettle on.
he cant manage any gardening with his COPD. its mostly grass with a pretty tree/shrub and that it. i knew he wouldnt go to a day centre but maybe when he progresses.
its a lovely day with blue sky.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
went out for a ride which was good, about 5 miles round trip. started spitting on the way back so got a bit damp. have given my mountain bike away as im never going to ride it so someone else can have the pleasure of it. i dont know if anyone else has any experience of ozempic injection for type 2 diabetes? its once a week on the same day. im so bloated and feeling sick that i dont feel like eating. im on the lowest level and ive been doing it for 2 weeks. side effects are feeling sick, indigestion, bloat. i wonder if it gets better? one benefit is that it should make me lose weight but not sure not eating is the best way of losing weight. i will carry on and see but wondered anyone else have experience.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
went out for a ride which was good, about 5 miles round trip. started spitting on the way back so got a bit damp. have given my mountain bike away as im never going to ride it so someone else can have the pleasure of it. i dont know if anyone else has any experience of ozempic injection for type 2 diabetes? its once a week on the same day. im so bloated and feeling sick that i dont feel like eating. im on the lowest level and ive been doing it for 2 weeks. side effects are feeling sick, indigestion, bloat. i wonder if it gets better? one benefit is that it should make me lose weight but not sure not eating is the best way of losing weight. i will carry on and see but wondered anyone else have experience.
Dear @jennifer1967,

Do you have any reviews coming up for your medication? It sounds like you had a good day and you must be exhausted from all that fresh air. I hope your husband's okay.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dear @jennifer1967,

Do you have any reviews coming up for your medication? It sounds like you had a good day and you must be exhausted from all that fresh air. I hope your husband's okay.

MaNaAk
the person that is supposed to do it is on holiday. if the sharps didnt take so long, i would have had before. im tired. i was falling asleep when i got back. my husband is actually very quiet and felt dizzy. hes not feeling very well so keep an eye on him.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a bit funny this morning, i packed him off with his new steel toecap boots on as they have to wear them at the shed now. it was almost like sending him off to work. hes so proud.
after the awful rain last night, at least the sun is shining in a blue sky.
ive changed what i drink so still feel bloated but not sick or acid. hes still quiet but there are no signs of him coming down with something.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
a bit funny this morning, i packed him off with his new steel toecap boots on as they have to wear them at the shed now. it was almost like sending him off to work. hes so proud.
after the awful rain last night, at least the sun is shining in a blue sky.
ive changed what i drink so still feel bloated but not sick or acid. hes still quiet but there are no signs of him coming down with something.
It all sounds very good this morning @jennifer1967 you must feel like packing him off to school. The rain has stopped here as well allowing me to get the washing and tortoises out

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
all he needed was a lunch box. i was quite proud like a mum. at least he comes home in the same condition he went unlike my boys especially with holes in the knees of their trousers or the girls, with holes in their tights.

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
all he needed was a lunch box. i was quite proud like a mum. at least he comes home in the same condition he went unlike my boys especially with holes in the knees of their trousers or the girls, with holes in their tights.
I hope he's been okay since he's been home.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I hope he's been okay since he's been home.

MaNaAk
no @MaNaAk he came in and everything i was doing ive had to stop, music has gone off, made him a cup of tea and had to stop knitting. he wants a mobility scooter like mine so i have a look and hes not interested. it was relaxed and happy atmosphere and now its tense and not nice. not sure what ive done to deserve it. he came home later but no letting me know so i phoned him as i was worried. hes made me cry because i feel so insignificant that i have to stop do things i get pleasure from because hes come home.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes just admitted that its nothing to do with his dementia but him being a total b*****d. makes me feel even better. im tired as dont sleep when i have to get him up earlier. got an appt with admiral nurses friday. i just cant not care for him as hes still my husband and my childrens dad. it wouldnt be fair on them or him. i will just have to get through it

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
hes just admitted that its nothing to do with his dementia but him being a total b*****d. makes me feel even better. im tired as dont sleep when i have to get him up earlier. got an appt with admiral nurses friday. i just cant not care for him as hes still my husband and my childrens dad. it wouldnt be fair on them or him. i will just have to get through it
What would you say to someone else if they said they were living like this. I bet you wouldn't say you just have to carry on.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
What would you say to someone else if they said they were living like this. I bet you wouldn't say you just have to carry on.
my therapist said what would say to a friend going through it and yes you are right @notsogooddtr i would be telling not to put up with it but ive also got to abide by the council rules in being re-housed. i have no proof . im also mindful that this is my home and the fact that in the future he may not be living here. its the base for the kids and grandkids and i suppose i dont want to be the one that breaks all that apart.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
my therapist said what would say to a friend going through it and yes you are right @notsogooddtr i would be telling not to put up with it but ive also got to abide by the council rules in being re-housed. i have no proof . im also mindful that this is my home and the fact that in the future he may not be living here. its the base for the kids and grandkids and i suppose i dont want to be the one that breaks all that apart.
I do understand I really do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513