Mum

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I took mum to the doctors yesterday. She wouldn’t allow me to go in with her. But she was with a female doctor for 45 mins. The doctor has referred her to our main hospital under the Gynaecologist for investigations. Mum a little confused but at least she is mobile now.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I took mum to the doctors yesterday. She wouldn’t allow me to go in with her. But she was with a female doctor for 45 mins. The doctor has referred her to our main hospital under the Gynaecologist for investigations. Mum a little confused but at least she is mobile now.
sounds like a good and thorough exam @TNJJ hope it isnt serious and at least it looks like her leg is getting better. and you are not up and down the stairs still. did you get a new washing machine?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
sounds like a good and thorough exam @TNJJ hope it isnt serious and at least it looks like her leg is getting better. and you are not up and down the stairs still. did you get a new washing machine?
No . Going to look next week hopefully. She still has a dressing on. I went to dads this morning to use his and had lunch with him.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mum has an appointment booked for 13th September as a pelvic ultrasound. Looks like they are fast tracking her. Mum has already said she wished she never started this, so I’m not sure how far we are going to get. The person on the end of the phone said “to start with “ so I’m assuming that they are looking for certain things.
I told mum that I had been fast tracked too. I didn’t tell her that it was the Fast track cancer pathway. Hopefully comes back with nothing.

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
Hopefully this is nothing more sinister than fibroids. I just thought I would mention that I had unexpected PV bleeding post menopause and confess I got so fed up with investigations that I opted for a hysterectomy. The fibroid was only picked up on histological check, it wasn't visible on the ultrasound so if they find nothing on the 13th, it may still not be serious. If she needs a hysteroscopy, please make sure she will be sedated for it. I was fortunate that my doctor did it under general anaesthetic but they don't always and it is an off the scale painful procedure.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hopefully this is nothing more sinister than fibroids. I just thought I would mention that I had unexpected PV bleeding post menopause and confess I got so fed up with investigations that I opted for a hysterectomy. The fibroid was only picked up on histological check, it wasn't visible on the ultrasound so if they find nothing on the 13th, it may still not be serious. If she needs a hysteroscopy, please make sure she will be sedated for it. I was fortunate that my doctor did it under general anaesthetic but they don't always and it is an off the scale painful procedure.
I will do . Thanks

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mum's leg is improving.I have been putting dressings on it x2 a week.But she is definitely more confused.I took her shopping today and it was a nightmare. She wanted some chocolate and was about to ditch the trolley ( luckily I had it) to go and get some but we had already been to B&M to get some. Then we had to go to Argos and look for curtain rings to go on her metal curtain pole. They had wooden and black but had run out of silver metal ones.She was going to buy wooden ones to put up.I managed to persuade her not to as it wouldn't look right...

We got back to hers to find the ambulance service has rung her.I have no idea why.They are ringing back tomorrow. I have told her to give them my number. She has a hospital appointment on Tuesday and Friday.They are doing the X-ray on Tuesday and a cat scan on Friday. She is fired up and doesn't really see why she needs to go. I'm hoping her good manners will win.I'm driving her to both these appointments.I'm only popping in to dad's 1 day this week.I'm not willing to do anymore..

Her blood results have come back normal apart from the iron..

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mum had the cat scan awaiting results. She has cancelled another test as she cannot cope . Now has developed bleeding profusely and is now a “ bleeder” according to a nurse. She is on blood thinners a high dose so will phone GP today to do a medical review ( we hope)

Something odd happened last night.
We were watching Blue Murder where Caroline Quentin is pregnant in real life . I said this to mum.
Mums reply “ Well , who’s kids are they then? “ Meaning the child actors in the programme. I just said “ actors” “ Oh “ she replied. It was very strange.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Mum had the cat scan awaiting results. She has cancelled another test as she cannot cope . Now has developed bleeding profusely and is now a “ bleeder” according to a nurse. She is on blood thinners a high dose so will phone GP today to do a medical review ( we hope)

Something odd happened last night.
We were watching Blue Murder where Caroline Quentin is pregnant in real life . I said this to mum.
Mums reply “ Well , who’s kids are they then? “ Meaning the child actors in the programme. I just said “ actors” “ Oh “ she replied. It was very strange.
maybe they will reduce the blood thinners or give her a clotting agent to stop the bleeding.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Mum has an appointment booked for 13th September as a pelvic ultrasound. Looks like they are fast tracking her. Mum has already said she wished she never started this, so I’m not sure how far we are going to get. The person on the end of the phone said “to start with “ so I’m assuming that they are looking for certain things.
I told mum that I had been fast tracked too. I didn’t tell her that it was the Fast track cancer pathway. Hopefully comes back with nothing.
I’m hoping you are fine (((hugs)))

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I’m hoping you are fine (((hugs)))
If i say im sick to the back teeth of it all ,i know you will understand..Mum cancelling appointments and then phoning me to say she doesnt understand the letter..Explained this so many times already.Her lack of understanding is only recent.I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved for you.I was hoping that they had<hugs>>

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Is there any way you can get your mum's post re-directed to your house @TNJJ? Are you actually managing to get your mum to go to any appointments? It's a total worry, but maybe you need to wait until and emergency happens and she ends up in A&E.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Is there any way you can get your mum's post re-directed to your house @TNJJ? Are you actually managing to get your mum to go to any appointments? It's a total worry, but maybe you need to wait until and emergency happens and she ends up in A&E.
Redirecting is a good idea, but I think you may need POA to do it? From what I remember I don't think your mum agreed to POA? I did manage to do mums with a little white lie but hey ho, needs must etc

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
could you ask the hospital to send a letter to you or to phone you? thats what they do with my husband is they will phone me to discuss it as he gets agitated talking to doctors. i have got poa so maybe thats why. even if they could duplicate the letter and send one to you or copy you in in an email perhaps?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
If i say im sick to the back teeth of it all ,i know you will understand..Mum cancelling appointments and then phoning me to say she doesnt understand the letter..Explained this so many times already.Her lack of understanding is only recent.I'm sorry to hear things haven't improved for you.I was hoping that they had<hugs>>
Oh lovely, yes I totally understand. It’s soo frustrating & not being able to get the issues recognised. (((Hugs)))

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear TNJJ,

I think it's a good idea to get POAs for both of your parents. I have my fingers crossed for you and your mum but I'm also thinking of your dad.

MaNaAk

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi. Yes I’ve managed to get her to 2 of her appointments. One of them was a vaginal ultrasound and the other was a CT scan. She has another one on the first of October. She wasn’t going to go to that one but has decided today she will as she has had more bowel changes. I will confirm it Monday before she can change her mind((again)). One of them is going to end up in A@E. No change on no LPOA or carers..

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dear TNJJ,

I think it's a good idea to get POAs for both of your parents. I have my fingers crossed for you and your mum but I'm also thinking of your dad.

MaNaAk
Hi. I have LPOA for dad but no chance of it for mum. It’s really going to be a problem if things get really bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR