Care home admission

Angibec

Aug 30, 2016
Morning everyone I find myself in extreme sadness this morning my husband is going into care just for respite I think but he's alsoo getting assessed while in there. I haven't lived with him, for 5 months now and if my previous posts are taken into account you will see why. The past month my daughter and I have been taking him out but its got yo the stage now where it distresses him so much to be living on his own he has carers 3 times a day and mostly goes to his mams house, who at 87 struggles with her own health issues and its affecting her also and his nurse has said its the right time for him to go into sondcsort of care facility. But considering the life I've had with him, really bad times, I'm remembering the good times , the memories, how I could always turn to him to help me feel better. But at the moment I'm just crying a lot, my anxiety is high and I feel as though I could of helped him more I was his carer for 6 years and still do things fir him from a distance I feel I'm letting him down. These feelings are hard to bear. How on earth do I get past these feelings? I'm at a family funeral today too. Don't know if anyone can relate to the way I'm feeling especially after my past with him (infidelity). Thank you for reading my post

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m sorry you’re feeling so low @Angibec . I remember your other postings and you’ve gone above and beyond what most people would in your circumstances . I can imagine how conflicted you’re feeling but you’re not letting him down. (((Hugs)))

Angibec

Aug 30, 2016
I’m sorry you’re feeling so low @Angibec . I remember your other postings and you’ve gone above and beyond what most people would in your circumstances . I can imagine how conflicted you’re feeling but you’re not letting him down. (((Hugs)))
Thank you Bunpoots ,just so happens its delayed a couple of days now due to our son in law getting covid . My husband had a negative test done Friday but has to have another one now. Mines negative too