End of life palliative care

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
This is so good to hear. You don’t need all the extra stress when you’ve got someone in such a bad way. ❤️
Bless you , all care needs being met . It’s a very strange experience & I can’t stop smiling because I no longer have to fight !

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I can’t believe it’s happened care needs being met , I have just had to stop listening to Boris & his social care reform !

What matters is the now. I am still waiting to hear over what is happening in the current dispute over mums funding as the CCG have now taken over and asked to see all of the care records. I wouldn't worry too much about todays House of Commons statement I am sure it will change in time before it becomes a new Act

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Love and cuddle your Mum;
love and hugs to you, a brave lady and loving daughter xxxxx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Ok folks …. There may be trouble ahead!?‍♀️
seriously …..
Given contract to sign … took it home & read & re read it …. Something not quite right ?

so rang care home & spoke to administrator ….
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck …. It’s a duck of some sort !

-Yes CCG funded , but for 6 weeks & then family liable for costs ?‍♀️This wasn’t clearly stated , but said about family liability / LPA in a paragraph -so I’m not signing the contract.
-Agreed with administrator that clarification & written documentation is required before any contract signed.
-D2A beds only funded by CCG for assessment period then families liable for full costs.
- Before discharge from hospital had confirmation email of Fast Track CHC funding from CCG this is legally for 3 months under CHC funding , after 3 months if EOL not qualifies via fast Track again then CHC funding is in place until full assessments , best interests & health needs recorded.
if CHC funding is denied a full explanation of why in written documentation is required

CCG have legal obligation to meet healthcare needs 24/7 nursing is a healthcare need & CHC funding cannot legally be withdrawn until care needs are met.
Social services legally cannot meet healthcare needs or take the responsibility for health care needs

Nice guidelines reactivated Fast Track & CHC assessments September 2020 as agreed with NHS & Government as D2A pathway for re-enablement & assessment to free up beds during pandemic crisis
September 2020 rules changed & hospitals , care homes etc not always aware of this .

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
What matters is the now. I am still waiting to hear over what is happening in the current dispute over mums funding as the CCG have now taken over and asked to see all of the care records. I wouldn't worry too much about todays House of Commons statement I am sure it will change in time before it becomes a new Act
Have now got to prove CCG funding under fast track system with care home !
Good job I’m a ****** for emailing & asking the obvious otherwise I’d be liable for 24/7 nursing care in a few weeks time . Care home said a lot of folks being caught out with this system !

I have emails !!!
& I’m going to use them !
not signing any contracts as the CCG is the contract holder under CHC funding not mum ?‍♀️

?‍????
my file is still growing

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Have now got to prove CCG funding under fast track system with care home !
Good job I’m a ****** for emailing & asking the obvious otherwise I’d be liable for 24/7 nursing care in a few weeks time . Care home said a lot of folks being caught out with this system !

I have emails !!!
& I’m going to use them !
not signing any contracts as the CCG is the contract holder under CHC funding not mum ?‍♀️

?‍????
my file is still growing
so your fight continues. good job you read it properly. just goes to show what is hidden in the details but also a worry for families that are not so up with developments and would have just signed it without questioning it. good for you. hows your mum?

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Phew @desperate of Devon, so glad you got your mum moved. That place looks wonderful and I'm sure she'll enjoy the view from her window.
Just when you start to breathe .. the system again tries to tear you down.
Mum EOL Fast Track CHC funded✅
⚠️care home contract - family liable for costs even though CCG funded
⚠️funding 6 weeks via CCG only
⚠️families signing contracts & not understanding the full implications of the legal obligations via D2A bed discharges & CCG not supplying family with contracts

now back to suppling evidence of CHC assessments / Fast Track CHC / submitted Fast Track CHC / email from CCG stating funding in place after reviewing Fast Track CHC !

⚠️my advice to anyone
Do not agree to D2A assessments to be done in placement & do not sign any contract from care home until you have written confirmation of CCG funding what is covered & the amount !

I am lucky I wasn’t caught out like others but have warned on my posts about issues with D2A

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
so your fight continues. good job you read it properly. just goes to show what is hidden in the details but also a worry for families that are not so up with developments and would have just signed it without questioning it. good for you. hows your mum?
Aged Mother is the same - fading slowly ?
horrid disease!

If I didn’t research so much I wouldn’t have known ! Just the whole D2A process sounded “hinky” & my B/S meter was off the scale with how quickly a D2A can be arranged ?‍♀️

CCG funding for CHC / Fast Track means all aspects of care covered no costs !
Contract with CCG not family - family must not sign these contracts presented to them without understanding all implications .
Next stop Solicitor - to advise as LPA I will be seeking this advice.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
What a brilliant place. Well done @DesperateofDevon ??
I’m highlighting funding issues on this thread as things crop up I’m documenting it!
⚠️d2a discharge to assess beds only funded for 4-6 weeks by CCG
⚠️If family sign contract with home after the 4-6 weeks family legally liable for funding.

Social Care reform at its best Boris & Co - no just putting the costs straight onto the family without them having full disclosure
Absolutely disgusting !!!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
⚠️please highlight the D2A bed scandal about to unfold
⚠️care home provided contract with family / LPA stating CCG funding
⚠️no time allocation on contract of funding
⚠️no stating of type of funding on contract with CCG
⚠️clause stating liability for extra costs incurred to family / LPA - including nursing care required outside of agreement

phone call to administrator at home resulting in
⚠️CCG not specifying CHC Fast Track funded
⚠️care home default to D2A 6-4 wk funding
⚠️no CHC paperwork received by care home
⚠️funding agreed under hospital discharge as £1500 per week for 6 weeks
⚠️no paper work for family stating this
⚠️Fast Track CHC pushed to be assessed by family prior to discharge & email from CCG confirming that Fast Track CHC given

⚠️care home have stated many families have been caught out with this D2A placement & having signed contract are now liable for all costs !

⚠️Legally binding contract with Care home, care homes believe families have been sent all funding information on discharge from hospital via D2A .
⚠️ Sadly families have no comeback with hospital & discharge process as Government policy makes until 2022 the NHS not answerable due to Covid pandemic legislation . Families left having to fund & find care & having to fight for CHC funding & assessments

This comes direct from the administrator at the care home my Mum is in

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Well done @DesperateofDevon The fight is over. Now some time for you I hope.
Sadly the fight isn’t over …
Funding
D2A beds - discharge to access
6-4 weeks of funding then family responsible for funding if they signed a contract with the home

D2A funded by NHS
CCG fund D2A
if family sign contract on admittance to care home even though it states CCG funding , family liable for all costs after the 6-4 week period

CCG should be signing these contract not family !
confirmation with Care home administrator this morning !

⚠️Do not sign contract on admittance to care home under D2A !

because I wouldn’t agree to D2A discharge & have emails with CCG & Hospital prior to discharge , & insisted CHC was done via discharge as reinstated by Govt. NHS & clearly documented in NICE guidelines Sept 2020 I have declined to sign contract with home as CHC fully funded, via Fast Track CHC . Please make others aware of this abuse of the system by CCG ‘s

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
@DesperateofDevon please be careful not to make yourself ill and look after yourself in all this
Oh bless you. Xx
I hope I have done all of the hard work now, & my husband agrees with me that we will hand over the issue to a solicitor. As LPA’s we have done our best, but enough is enough.
The legal obligation to provide care lies very clearly with the NHS, the CCG knows this.
I hope our journey & how I have documented it will help others get their PWD care needs met.
x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Please don’t laugh … it could only happen to me ?‍♀️?‍?took friend who has terminal cancer out for meal at new posh restaurant that she wanted to eat in. 3 & 3/4‘s of an hour later left with complimentary / no charge for meal & I developed food poisoning ! Thank goodness we ordered different dishes - me I ordered fish after the first mains was inedible ?‍♀️??‍?

not a great experience … not up to driving or doing much since last Wednesday !

yesterday after the care home fees debacle ?‍♀️email from company the restaurant corporation uses stating that food poisoning symptoms can take up to five days to appear & was I aware of this ??????

yes I vented via a email reply , & I phoned the restaurant & said not acceptable to lay the blame on the customer without even this company contacting me!

no I don’t want a free meal !
( had one because of delays & food prep issues!)

First time eaten out since 2019 in a restaurant !
independents only from now on !

on the upside I’m keeping the weight off I lost after being soo ill for months !
downside - feel weak as a kitten & the smell of food / thought of food ???

Aged mother will have to wait a while for a visit , phoning care home for updates!
no change …
daughter back home today so will ask her to visit for me ?‍♀️

Plain toast, rice & pasta on the menu this week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandaRedPanda