advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning everyone @jennifer1967 is going for a spin today. Any chance of you having a coffee somewhere?

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk looks like im grounded for today. its been raining and looks like more to come but its very windy and there is an amber alert because of the strength of it. i will try again tomorrow. finish stitching the cardi up today then thats finished.
for those experience with scooters, what is the best type of wet weather gear to get?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
after thinking about it, there is low likelihood of rain so im going out today and going to enjoy myself. have sorted a few things to take to the charity shop thats on my way.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
@jennifer1967 - I only went out a few times on my scooter in the wet. It wasn't pleasant. I think you can get a kind of hooded cape, that would cover most of your body. They sell them on disability aids sites.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thanks @Helly68 i have found one but i will look at the link. i have been out today about 4 miles round trip. i loved it. it was good to browse and actually choosing things myself. stupid things like toiletries, clothes, books. as i passed people, they they saying hello. did slightly crashed into one of the shelves but no damage and didnt knock anything off. got better after that and was lucky that the route has lots of drop kerbs on the way. pavements were a bit rubbish in places. its freedom and a get out when he is being difficult and demanding. im going to have to stop justifying how much money i have spent. i did that today and i shouldnt have to.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
today i went out again as he needed a new bedside lamp. the touch one has gone. went the wrong way there but found the right way back. got to do some work tomorrow as been neglecting it. im tired but i also feel invisible. he has what he wants on tv, food, not doing things he can do for himself and laughs if i tell him he could have done that. he will sit and wait for me to do a cup of tea rather than doing it himself. never puts anything in the bin. its alright going out but i still have to do things when i get back as he wont. ive hit a brick wall for clearing as i need it collecting or my son to drop it off. i have been de-cluttering my bedroom so another bag gone and cuddlies. where my younger son is coming next week, i need just to sort the house, doing bits each day. im frustrated how slow it is but once he goes back, i will start again. my bedroom is being cleared slowly. ive benefited by going out and seeing other people. the walls were closing in and i get more breaks without him this way. the one thing that is a pain is the hand baskets in the shops as they dont fit anywhere so i use my front basket. i did have a bump in a lift in a shop but not too bad just have to member to take my hand off the power.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I found that the above hadn't been posted but it sounds like your having fun.
MaNaAk
its hurting my back quite a lot, maybe the bumps. my son is coming to cut the grass tomorrow so im having a day off of the scooter as he will get my papers. looks like my cape has come, it rains too much for me to be stuck in all the time and a bit of rain is not going to hurt me.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am so pleased that you are getting out on your mobility scooter, it sounds like it is doing you a world of good. I remember being stuck in the house for 12 weeks due to an illness and the first time I walked round the block afterwards it was so exciting; so it must be even more fantastic being able to go outside and choose things for yourself rather than looking on internet and then it is not quite what you wanted.
I am wondering if your ‘back’ needs to get used to the sitting position on the scooter, although I am sure the uneven pavements causing bumps and jolts don’t help.
I think for your spirits it was far more important than any housework. Yes I know you like your house tidy but for once it won’t have hurt. ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am so pleased that you are getting out on your mobility scooter, it sounds like it is doing you a world of good. I remember being stuck in the house for 12 weeks due to an illness and the first time I walked round the block afterwards it was so exciting; so it must be even more fantastic being able to go outside and choose things for yourself rather than looking on internet and then it is not quite what you wanted.
I am wondering if your ‘back’ needs to get used to the sitting position on the scooter, although I am sure the uneven pavements causing bumps and jolts don’t help.
I think for your spirits it was far more important than any housework. Yes I know you like your house tidy but for once it won’t have hurt.
anything to get out of his way. he is ordering and demanding telling me that im doing things wrong when im not. i think my back is more muscular than causing more damage to the trapped nerve that i have in my back as my leg it goes down doesnt seem to be too bad. i knew i was down and tonight he managed to make me cry again. he was insistent as to what he wanted for takeaway and i didnt want it but his bullying done it again. its the whole treating me like an idiot and telling me what to do. hes flared up and i dont think the memantine is making too much difference. i wanted to give it a try but he still seems on edge. i need to keep clearing but also find out where it can go. once my younger son goes home, i will see then. at the moment we are just gearing up for his visit.
sorry to complain, just tired and not so tough as i thought i was

Pots and Pans

Jan 13, 2020
Gosh. I've read some of your posts and I think you are strong in so many ways. None of this is easy for anyone, but to have to deal with your own pain too... Full of admiration.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Gosh. I've read some of your posts and I think you are strong in so many ways. None of this is easy for anyone, but to have to deal with your own pain too... Full of admiration.
thank you @Pots and Pans maybe im too strong and do myself no favours but theres nothing anyone can do to sort the pain or help in any way because im not needy enough and he has capacity. disabled carers are a new phenomenon that agencies dont know how to handle or help.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

Did you have a reasonable night? At least you can now get out and about on that scooter but is there anyway that the memantine can be put up.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 ,

Did you have a reasonable night? At least you can now get out and about on that scooter but is there anyway that the memantine can be put up.

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk i slept quite well. hes has just started the maximum dose yesterday. my oldest son is coming today to cut the grass if it doesnt rain. sometimes i need to do things and its an uphill struggle just to do that. ive always asked whether ive got it wrong and reacted wrongly but he told me last night hes being an idiot and no reason for him causing it. he questions everything i do. he scrutinizes the mail to see if he knows what it is. hes too quick to judge.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
morning @MaNaAk i slept quite well. hes has just started the maximum dose yesterday. my oldest son is coming today to cut the grass if it doesnt rain. sometimes i need to do things and its an uphill struggle just to do that. ive always asked whether ive got it wrong and reacted wrongly but he told me last night hes being an idiot and no reason for him causing it. he questions everything i do. he scrutinizes the mail to see if he knows what it is. hes too quick to judge.
@Pots and Pans is right you have that extra strength!

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN