advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we are up to 15mg of memantine and it doesnt seem to be working too well. hes still arguing, issuing orders and demands, all about his wants and likes. i said that it doesnt seem to be working so he said he wouldnt take it. it is just another bargaining tool for me to keep quiet. it nots so prolonged but it seems like he feels threatened now i can go out. im giving the memantine a chance to work. hes got to do his barium meal and swallow today and i will get it right this time. he has to starve for 6 hrs so i will leave him bed for longer.my oldest son will take him.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
thats a good picture. re-enactor must be really interesting and bring it all to life. i watched some of the victorian farm where they are re-enacting the victorian way of life on a farm.
It is very interesting. It has been my hobby for years. I have met Ruth Goodman, from the television programmes, at re-enactment fairs.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
she is brilliant in doing it properly and the knowledge she must have
Yes, I think the way they do it, you really get a sense of what life must have been like. At the start of August, I am taking part in a "living history" event at Chippenham. There will be a camp with people cooking over a fire, a seventeenth century printing press, artillery and soldiers drilling (no battle because of COVID) and I will be sewing. I fins it very relaxing to get away from the stress of everyday life.

I hope the medication starts being more effective for your husband. I think you are right that he is unsettled at you being able to go out on the scooter. A change to routine.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes gone to his hospital appt with my oldest son thank goodness. time to relax and take a break. it feels a long time coming. hes been starved for 6 hrs. he will ber starving when he comes back. and thirsty. SALT have discharged him now he isnt choking at the moment. ive done everything she has asked for but have said that ive taken a step back over what he eats and what he eats with. the sheets of good and bad food along with the consequences of choking are displayed in my kitchen so im letting him get on with it. im doing that a lot lately and only doing things that he physically cant do and his tablets which if he refuses then he refuses. im not going to get into conflict with him. hes got capacity so be it

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
just learnt that the mayors tea party that i was going to attend has been postponed due to the rising cases of covid that we have in my area. probably september but will see how the cases are rising. wheelchair, transport, wheelchair pusher and access all ready so just the new date to be set. disappointed but safety first

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967 .

I know you must be disappointed but it will come. Anyhow look you've got that scooter and some independence back. You can now have a race with @Helly68.

MaNaAk
morning @MaNaAk bad night as my back and leg are very painful and ache. couldnt get comfortable in any position. need to rest it today. night before it was cramping. got to change the patch today so maybe its just running out. either way, its bringing me down. i cant go through the pain i had last year before the patch.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im not feeling very well. my husband made my dinner yesterday and when id finished, i discovered the plate was dirty like it hadnt been washed so i hope its not because of that. thats a new thing although his washing up skills are not as good as they were. it might just be the thought and the fact i didnt sleep with the aches and pains. still nearly finished babys cardi and he bought me back some nice pink wool as its going to be a girl. my husband is really looking forward to it especially a girl. we have between us 4 boys and 2 girls so she will be special

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
im not feeling very well. my husband made my dinner yesterday and when id finished, i discovered the plate was dirty like it hadnt been washed so i hope its not because of that. thats a new thing although his washing up skills are not as good as they were. it might just be the thought and the fact i didnt sleep with the aches and pains. still nearly finished babys cardi and he bought me back some nice pink wool as its going to be a girl. my husband is really looking forward to it especially a girl. we have between us 4 boys and 2 girls so she will be special
Oh no hope you are ok - I really get wigged out by going to my husband's nan's house - she washes things badly by hand despite having a dishwasher and puts things in the cupboard with caked on food still on them and the glasses and mugs look revolting. Not to mention her oven door which is one of those mirrored ones like I have but it's always greasy looking. I really love having a dishwasher - even though not everything is suitable for it, it does the job for 90%.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh no hope you are ok - I really get wigged out by going to my husband's nan's house - she washes things badly by hand despite having a dishwasher and puts things in the cupboard with caked on food still on them and the glasses and mugs look revolting. Not to mention her oven door which is one of those mirrored ones like I have but it's always greasy looking. I really love having a dishwasher - even though not everything is suitable for it, it does the job for 90%.
i think im over it. we did have a dishwasher but with only 2 of us, i cant justify replacing it. you could see it on there but it was covered up with food so until i ate it i didnt see it. its the only job he does as i do everything else but i will have to watch from now on. we visited his great aunt and it stunk and so did the cups etc. we had young children with us and got out very quick. she ended up in a home and much later died.