Carer for my Husband

Margaret clapp

Sep 1, 2018
I am a carer for my Husband he has broken his leg two months ago and his ankle he is in a wheelchair he has a false leg he cannot wear at the moment. I am doing everything I have vascular dementia heart disease and epilepsy it is really stressful right now.

NEESE201

Oct 16, 2020
Sudbury
I am a carer for my Husband he has broken his leg two months ago and his ankle he is in a wheelchair he has a false leg he cannot wear at the moment. I am doing everything I have vascular dementia heart disease and epilepsy it is really stressful right now.
hi you really need help soon , you need to talk to your doctor - and tell them the situation - this isnt right - take care Neese

Margaret clapp

Sep 1, 2018
Hi and Thanks the G.P knows all about my situation our surgery are hopeless when my Husband came out of hospital they did not even have his records. The person on the other end of the phone did not ask anyone else in the team if they could help. They just said it's up to us to get in touch with the original O.T who came out about his wheelchair so at least she is going to help us. We sometimes have to wait half an hour on the phone for them to answer then they dial off.We have a system called AskMyGp it's an online site and they diagnose problems that way usually. But when the service is busy they turn it off. They only see you face to face in an emergency usually. My Husband is not good with technology. A lot of the Drs Surgeries have been taken over by a private company. So that does not help. We have no transport so we can't change Drs. There is only one GP at our surgery one day a week even though the catchment area for patients is thousands.

Best Wishes
Margaret

Margaret clapp

Sep 1, 2018
i think you need some help. maybe ask for a care assessment and a carer assessment for you from social services
Hi Thanks Jennifer it is all in the pipeline but since our G.P surgery has been taken over by a private company it's hard to see anyone face to face they have closed the Carers centre as well. The resources here are non existent really. Hopefully things will improve. It's just hard that I have to outreach everything as my Husband can't use technology. I do belong to U3Aand go on outings and coffee mornings but due to covid they have been cancelled. I am in touch with a Carers group that does Arts and Crafts so hopefully I can join the next session online and eventually face to face. I had to cancel the last one due to visiting my Husband in hospital. I am always open to new ideas. I have Family but they have young children and working so they can't always help. I make the most of walks with my youngest Daughter and meals with them out. My Birthday this month I was able to go out for a meal with my Husband and my My eldest Daughter and two Grandchildren. And separate time spent with my younger Daughter and Granddaughter.

Best Wishes.
Margaret

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
That sounds an awful lot for you to deal with @Margaret clapp

I wonder if you might be able to get some advice from the helpline? Worth a try I should think:

Margaret clapp

Sep 1, 2018
That sounds an awful lot for you to deal with @Margaret clapp

I wonder if you might be able to get some advice from the helpline? Worth a try I should think:

Thanks for your reply I will definitely get in touch with them via the phone Best Wishes

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018