Bright Days, Quiet Days

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Mum has had some really good days lately and it has filled me with renewed vigour, don't get me wrong I still feel sad sometimes but getting out has changed the landscape somewhat. Conversation has been evident albeit in small snatches but coherent and in context. Replies to questions and referencing situations out of the blue.... It's like a light-switch has suddenly come on (summer every year!). Having my sister more involved makes a difference too and I hope to convince my brother to do the same. Accepting help and advice can prove difficult however as I am so used to doing things in tandem with mum but again I'm hoping that I will learn to be more 'flexible'. As ever Mum remains my anchor and I will ultimately always be driven by her choices, her needs. Always.

I did used to be able to magic up solutions but things can change so rapidly from week to week regardless of any plans we might make so I've learnt to take each day as it comes and it has been largely successful. My message? Persevere and don't take anything to heart :)

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You are adopting the best attitude @Eddcorner.

However sad life is you are facing it as it comes which is all you can do at this stage.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
You are adopting the best attitude @Eddcorner.

However sad life is you are facing it as it comes which is all you can do at this stage.

We've had our ups and downs and some days were more frustrating than others but mum's strength in the face of such adversity has been a big motivating factor. Without this I would have struggled. It's easy to get bogged down and it did happen several years in but with a simple smile from mum it dissolved a lot of my fears & angst :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455