How Should I Chase Up About My Second Jab?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Wildflowerlady and @Melles Belles,

I hope you feeling okay.

MaNaAk

Dear @jennifer1967,

Good luck

MaNaAk

Dear @Jaded'n'faded,

In the 1980s my mother worked as a doctor's receptionist for a surgery that should definitely remain anonymous. When injections were required there was no fridge in the surgery so the doctor had to drive back home to get what was required from his fridge!!!!! I hope you're feeling okay.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Second vaccine tomorrow. Not the most exciting thing to have at the local theatre!

MaNaAk

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @MaNaAk I had my second vaccination on Thursday no ill effects at all unlike last time when my arm was rather tender for a few days. Good luck for tomorrow. ?

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Please remember it’s another three weeks before you are fully protected!
I had my second jab at home 12 weeks and 1 day after the first. People who could go to the local hub got their second jabs much sooner than that!
I got cotton wool and a piece of tape over it, but I am on anti-coags.
Very relieved I’ve had both!

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Please remember it’s another three weeks before you are fully protected!
I had my second jab at home 12 weeks and 1 day after the first. People who could go to the local hub got their second jabs much sooner than that!
I got cotton wool and a piece of tape over it, but I am on anti-coags.
Very relieved I’ve had both!
Same for me @Spamar as I am on blood thinners too due to a clot in lung after contracting Covid in February. I did have to go to vaccination center to get it but it wasn't far and fortunately I drive. The nurse didn't do that last time not even a plaster however I could barely detect where the vaccination had been first time and only tiny mark on second.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I didn't have a plaster either but on Friday I saw something that you wouldn't do in ordinary times let alone a pandemic. I was in the building society when a lady picked her baby's dummy from the floor and put it in her mouth before giving it to baby! What else did she give to the baby?!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I didn't have a plaster either but on Friday I saw something that you wouldn't do in ordinary times let alone a pandemic. I was in the building society when a lady picked her baby's dummy from the floor and put it in her mouth before giving it to baby! What else did she give to the baby?!

MaNaAk
thats common place as they think that they are making it clean. i had a little perspex case that i sterilized along with the dummies so when they dropped them, they had a clean dummy. when they were bigger i used to attach to a curly keyring on the buggy so it stretch and they didnt drop it. it was a pain in the eardrums when they lost them.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Haha, that's how I felt when I took OH for his at the end of January. It the first time the car had been out since beginning of November,

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I looked forward to my little outing as well and @jennifer1967 it might do your husband some good to see someone else coming to the house. You'll be absolutely fine.

MaNaAk

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
As we are in an inner city with low vaccination rates they are doing drop in sessions for anyone over 18! Got my son jabbed yesterday; that’s all the family with first jabs. Just need to continue wrapping him in cotton wool for three weeks....not easy at 6foot 4!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my over 6ft son with tattoos all over his body including his surname[ just in case he forgets,lol] and has had covid is too scared of needles to have his. made an appt twice and still cant go. no amount of guilt tripping, persuasion or offers of hand holding has made any difference. he is the last one of the family to be done. some have already had their second one.