How Should I Chase Up About My Second Jab?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Do any of you wonderful people know how I should chase up my second jab which is almost due? Did you all wait for a letter?

MaNaAk

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If your first jab was via the national system try

If it was via the local system you can still try but you may well be told you have to go through the local system ie wait till you are called.

National system will be at one of the larger hubs.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @MaNaAk I called my partners GP surgery to chase up his next appointment as it was getting very close to the 12 weeks. I got a call from the vaccination center he had his first one from the same day saying I could take him that afternoon he had the Pfizer jab. I actually booked both of mine online as I had the Oxford one later than him as he is 16 years older and I am due for my next vaccination next week. Unfortunately I did catch Covid in February and really unwell but am recovering well now.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @nitram and @Wildflowerlady,

Yes I had my first one through a local system in a local theatre and it was the Oxford one so I'll wait for another week or two. @Wildflowerlady I remember when you were ill and I am pleased you are feeling better and hope that you feeling better generally.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
mine was on wed 24/3 and yours was a few days before mine, i think. mines due in middle of june if that helps. when i did my husband appt online i book both together. they will just phone me and tell me when they are coming.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Dear @nitram and @Wildflowerlady,

Yes I had my first one through a local system in a local theatre and it was the Oxford one so I'll wait for another week or two. @Wildflowerlady I remember when you were ill and I am pleased you are feeling better and hope that you feeling better generally.

MaNaAk
Hi, @MaNaAk It warms my heart that you remember me thank you so much. As you know I lost my dear dad in January then a week later was very unwell with Covid so I haven't actually been on TP much at all. Its still hard to think that my dad is actually gone, being so unwell just threw all my thinking around and its been a struggle. I am however generally good now my chest X Ray a few weeks ago was satisfactory/fine and I have an appointment 1st July at Respiratory clinic where they are going to check the heart and do a 6 minute walk test. I need to remain on blood thinners as Covid gave me a clot in my lung but hopefully I can come off them after my hospital check. I'm feeling confident/hopeful all will be well. I hope you are keeping well too, I shall try catch up on some of your posts as did follow them and your news about your moving home etc. Take Care ?

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I was called by my GP for my second jab exactly 12 weeks after my first - I think it depend on the area and how quickly they are getting through the age groups.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I had both jabs at home. I phoned the surgery just before the second one was due, had to tell them, that yes, my first jab was at home! And the nurses came on Wednesday, 12 weeks and one day after the first jab.
That one was late for me because I was in hospital, then I had new pills, then it snowed and finally it was half term and one of the nurses was child- sitting! You really couldn’t make it up.
However, the area in which I live has the largest proportion of people that have had both jabs.
No ill effects from either jab!

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Mine and Mum's are now 2weeks overdue and counting. Mum is housebound, so we have to wait for them to come out again..Chased the surgery, but apparently they are behind.
I have received texts and a letter reminding me to get the 2nd one done - it's not for want of trying! - but at least I know "the system" is aware we haven't had it. It's frustrating when we are constantly being told to get it done.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Mine and Mum's are now 2weeks overdue and counting. Mum is housebound, so we have to wait for them to come out again..Chased the surgery, but apparently they are behind.
I have received texts and a letter reminding me to get the 2nd one done - it's not for want of trying! - but at least I know "the system" is aware we haven't had it. It's frustrating when we are constantly being told to get it done.
Its very difficult, and time consuming to get to the housebound. I think almost all areas are behind with them. One of our teams did a 'housebound' run one afternoon this week, and did 11 patients. In clinic we vaccinate 8 every 10 minutes. Its one of those occasions where the majority is having to go before minority sadly.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Both OH and self were given our 2nd appointment when we had the first. Friends who weren't given a second appt were rung by there surgery about 3 days before the offered date.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Its very difficult, and time consuming to get to the housebound. I think almost all areas are behind with them. One of our teams did a 'housebound' run one afternoon this week, and did 11 patients. In clinic we vaccinate 8 every 10 minutes. Its one of those occasions where the majority is having to go before minority sadly.
I understand it's difficult, and to be honest I'm not overly concerned (Mum is, luckily, completely unworried by the whole Covid thing), but others in our village have had it done within time frame, with a home visit.I just wonder why they can't organise things a little more efficiently. No doubt when we do get it, we will be the only one's in the village that day, and require a special journey. I hope it's not going to be the same when we need boosters, but maybe our lovely little loca pharmacy will be able to do those.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Just back from my second one. Interesting they don't bother with sterile wipes, dressing afterwards, etc. Not that it's needed, but any jabs I've had pre-covid came with 'the niceties'.

The stabber was brilliant - didn't feel this one at all. Could have done without the horror stories from the 2 taxi drivers though!

Now that I'm invincible I can return to my superhero duties... :D

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Just back from my second one. Interesting they don't bother with sterile wipes, dressing afterwards, etc. Not that it's needed, but any jabs I've had pre-covid came with 'the niceties'.

The stabber was brilliant - didn't feel this one at all. Could have done without the horror stories from the 2 taxi drivers though!

Now that I'm invincible I can return to my superhero duties... :D
had to laugh sorry, the stabber sounds nasty