Members Only Area

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
For those of you who don't know, the more personal posts are moved to the Members Only forum. I find it hard to navigate myself, but I'm just letting you know. Some of my posts are moved there and then suddenly, there are no more replies. Interesting.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
For those of you who don't know, the more personal posts are moved to the Members Only forum. I find it hard to navigate myself, but I'm just letting you know. Some of my posts are moved there and then suddenly, there are no more replies. Interesting.
ive just looked for it and i cant find it either. didnt know it existed

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The Members` Area

is comprised of the

Tea Room.

Poems

Dealing with Difficult feelings

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
The Members' Area is easy to find by scrolling down through the Forum List. It comes after the Information and Resources section and before the Alzheimer's Society news, notices and videos section.

2021_05_06_23.32.16.jpg

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You have to be logged in to see this area.
And also to post which OP is doing.
OP is either logging in and out or something is amiss technically, hence my suggestion to go to Members' Area via a link.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
It sounds like some kind of glitch. I have tested by logging out at which point the Members' area is not visible. Logging back in makes the Members' area visible again. This is all as it should be.

If @Pusskins and other members are logged in but cannot see the Members' area this suggests a technical issue. I'll ask for this to be checked out.

As one needs to be a member and logged in to post there is no logical reason why a post in the Members' area should get fewer responses than if it was in any other forum. One could speculate that the order of presentation of the forum list and the need to scroll down might have an effect but this is mitigated by the 'New posts' function which is independent of the forum structure.

That of course assumes that the Members' area is visible to all logged in members.

Alzheimer's Society

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
www.alzheimers.org.uk
Hi everyone!

Thank you to those trying to help others who are experiencing difficulty accessing the Members Only area of Dementia Talking Point. As mentioned, this area is available to members of Dementia Talking Point and once a member is logged in, can be found on the homepage forum list underneath 'Information and Resources' and above 'Alzheimer's Society news, notices, and videos'.

If you're a member of the community and have any trouble accessing the Members Only area, or have any other questions about Dementia Talking Point, please email us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

Dementia Talking Point Team :)

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Pusskins I not sure who designs this web site because but I don’t think its Dementia Friendly. :confused:

I have been using T.P since March 2005 probably one of the old members from the good old days.:p and I’m usually switched on however yesterday I posted in { I have Dementia } because I do have dementia, :rolleyes: I then got an email to say the thread was moved to a another area o_O:eek: Tea Room I tried to find my thread it took what seemed like ages to find it :( ok I did eventually but it wasn’t easy Definitely Not Dementia Friendly I would like to know the Number or Members who actually have been diagnosed with dementia using T.P :)

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Hi Pusskins I not sure who designs this web site because but I don’t think its Dementia Friendly. :confused:

I have been using T.P since March 2005 probably one of the old members from the good old days.:p and I’m usually switched on however yesterday I posted in { I have Dementia } because I do have dementia, :rolleyes: I then got an email to say the thread was moved to a another area o_O:eek: Tea Room I tried to find my thread it took what seemed like ages to find it :( ok I did eventually but it wasn’t easy Definitely Not Dementia Friendly I would like to know the Number or Members who actually have been diagnosed with dementia using T.P :)
The tea room is exactly what it sounds like, a place for chatter that may or may not be associated with Dementia. Same with the Poetry section although most post/poems are and for years we had Norrms Mcnammarra who, like yourself is a dementia sufferer and wrote marvellous stuff.