advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 Could you get your PIP paid into a current account in your sole name? You would probably have to phone the DWP to switch the payment over.
i would have to open the account problem i have is i havent any photo id. dont drive ort got passport. im going to get duplicate birth an d certificate as my seems to have disappeared. i would have to think of some reason why i wanted my own account. he knows exactly how much goes in. at the moment im not well again and on anti-bios again. he wont let them into the house. ive tried all sorts of tactics. if i said she just needs a little job and a bit of pin money, he would say go find somewhere else. i will keep exercising the brain cells to work out a solution.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
i would have to open the account problem i have is i havent any photo id
You may be able to open a sole account in your name at the bank where the joint account is without photo ID.
You will be able to put a bank card into their reader and enter the correct PIN, they will also have your signature on file.
If you can get a private moment you could phone the bank, explain your situation and see what they say to the idea of identification by use of card and if anything else would be needed.

Or you may be able to log into the joint account on line and open a sole account in your name.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
You may be able to open a sole account in your name at the bank where the joint account is without photo ID.
You will be able to put a bank card into their reader and enter the correct PIN, they will also have your signature on file.
If you can get a private moment you could phone the bank, explain your situation and see what they say to the idea of identification by use of card and if anything else would be needed.

Or you may be able to log into the joint account on line and open a sole account in your name.
thank you so much @nitram i will look into it when i feel a bit better. my wages were going into the account for 9yrs before i left work so i had independent income going in.

Lorna44

Jul 16, 2016
Surrey
I work in a bank, and as long as you have a card & valid PIN, you should be able to open a sole account at your existing bank.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
Are you sure he would notice if you money didn’t go into the joint account. If he did notice you could either blame DWP or the bank. He may not be aware as you think. My FIL could talk the talk about his money but couldn’t actually understand a bank statement.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Are you sure he would notice if you money didn’t go into the joint account. If he did notice you could either blame DWP or the bank.
I second this.
I have done all sorts of things and blamed the DWP, internet providers, "useless" receptionists, and everyones favourite - the post.
When I started I was certain that he would realise as he seemed so aware, and was amazed when he didnt.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Are you sure he would notice if you money didn’t go into the joint account. If he did notice you could either blame DWP or the bank. He may not be aware as you think. My FIL could talk the talk about his money but couldn’t actually understand a bank statement.
yes he can still use his card and see whats in there to a point he knows his attendance allowance has not gone in yet. he gets the balances and tells me. he is mobile where im not and walks to the shop for my papers every morning. he also can understand the bank statement and whats what, whats paid in and what goes out. he wouldnt let anyone in either but im doing a lot of thinking and will come up with an answer. thank you for suggestions. it gives me hope for dealing with it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I second this.
I have done all sorts of things and blamed the DWP, internet providers, "useless" receptionists, and everyones favourite - the post.
When I started I was certain that he would realise as he seemed so aware, and was amazed when he didnt.
oh @canary i just frightened him by saying that because of a financial assessment, maybe it would be better for me to have my own account for my PIP. he said YES. only problem now is i cant get there. got to get couple of copies of certificates as well. more hopeful. thank you for making me think outside the box. he has a dread of SS and its worked.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
You have taken another step forward which is brilliant, hopefully you will get another idea to get that account opened.