University of Stirling to develop new adult social care centre.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

DennyD

Dec 6, 2016
Porthcawl, South Wales
Thanks for posting the link. This project shows there is some really good work going on. The problem is for it to filter down to the grass roots, often hampered by a lack of resources they have at their disposal. But also to educate and get others to be open to other and innovative ways of giving support.

WJG

Sep 13, 2020
This all sounds good - but my question is, what will this Centre actually do? How will it help improve the lives of people with care needs?

DennyD

Dec 6, 2016
Porthcawl, South Wales
This all sounds good - but my question is, what will this Centre actually do? How will it help improve the lives of people with care needs?
I know what you mean. Even though I expressed support in my previous post, I admit I have the same question. We see quite a few announcement about starting new projects/work/research but these reports lack detail to give us info what these initiatives actually do. I guess we'd have to approach those involved directly and keep up to date with reports published etc. I worked at a University that had a dementia research unit, but it was difficult to find information published that the public could access.