Wish me luck!

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
After placing my beloved husband in care last October, apart from the emotional pain, I've suffered 2 broken wrists and been undecided about what the next step should be. Initially, I didn't want to leave the home where we have lived these past 20 years, but now, my need to be physically closer to him than I currently am is so strong, I am placing our home on the market today so I can buy in the same town he is in. Moving him is out of the question as there are no homes any closer that I would be satisfied with. He is happy where he is and I feel moving him if it was possible, might quite probably have a negative impact on him. I've had to look at all the pros and cons. Right now I am still able to handle such a huge upheaval, but a few years down the track I might not be able to. There's my eyesight to consider and it would be devastating if I left things the way they are, should I lose my driver's licence in a couple of years due to eye problems. So, please wish me luck! I will keep you posted.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hope it all goes well @Pusskins. I like the looking at new properties stage, the rest of it not so much. We're in the process of moving and it's taking an age to get it all sorted. I hope the New Zealand system is more efficient.
Do make sure that you find somewhere you'll be happy in long term, not just the most convenient for visiting your husband.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
Have you seen anything you like the look of?
Good luck :)
Thank you @canary Yes, I'm looking at a property tomorrow, just round the corner from MH's rest home. If I am lucky enough to secure it, I will feel so much happier knowing he is sleeping just a stone's throw away from me each night. xx

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
Hi @Pusskins I can feel the enthusiasm in your words- it's just what you need right now- a goal to work towards.

I look forward to hearing that you find somewhere near to OH as I feel that is the answer to your feelings of hopelessness.

Good luck.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
Hi @Pusskins I can feel the enthusiasm in your words- it's just what you need right now- a goal to work towards.

I look forward to hearing that you find somewhere near to OH as I feel that is the answer to your feelings of hopelessness.

Good luck.
Thank you @Old Flopsy . I viewed the property today and have made an offer. I can only hope it goes through. The real estate market in NZ is rampant at the moment, with much competition for every property, so It's entirely possible I could be outbid. I have offered the asking price, but the market is so crazy, anything could happen.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
I wish you luck and think what you are doing is great. It's a positive message that you've been able to make that choice and decision. Best wishes and let us know how you are getting on.
Thank you @DennyD . I've made an offer. Now just waiting with fingers crossed! I will keep you posted.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976