Would this be ok?

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
MH and I have missed out on closeness in recent years so I was wondering if it would be ok if I can get him to cuddle up to me on his bed in the rest home? Is the staff likely to object, do you think?

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The Banjoman would often be sitting or lying on his bed when I went to visit so I would sit with my feet up beside him and we could have a hug like that.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
MH and I have missed out on closeness in recent years so I was wondering if it would be ok if I can get him to cuddle up to me on his bed in the rest home? Is the staff likely to object, do you think?

I don't see any reason anyone would object to you and your husband comforting each other @Pusskins

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Pusskins Here in England the current covid restrictions mean that hand holding is allowed during care home visits but not hugs, although individual care homes have their own visiting guidance. The position will be different in NZ due to much lower infection rates but maybe best just to check with the care staff first if unsure of their current visiting/covid guidance? Hope your visit goes well :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
OOPS! I`m so sorry I didn`t pick up on COVID limitations @Pusskins. It just shows how they have taken over my life to the point I feel I'm living a normal life.

Of course I don`t have the visiting restrictions current carers are forced to face because I`m no longer in thet position.

Thank you @Louise7 for being aware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caroline124