Who to contact first when you feel you have reached crisis point?

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you everyone again for your care, concern and support. It is keeping me going. I am still here. Feeling very tearful but surviving Hx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hang in there @Helen10 . Try not to worry about the unimportant things. I remember being very stressed with my second, and very demanding, child and coming across a rhyme - “Cobwebs lay down and dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep...”
It’s the same with all people - there comes a time when moments are precious and housework can wait..

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I have just read your thread and I just thought what an amazing person you are Please take the advise that people have given.
You deserve a medal the size of a dustbin lid.

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
I have just read your thread and I just thought what an amazing person you are Please take the advise that people have given.
You deserve a medal the size of a dustbin lid.
Thank you. I really don’t feel that way but do appreciate all of the care and support everyone has shown. Just got to get through this weekend in one piece.

At the moment, I am lurching from I’m ok-I’ve got this to I’m really not ok and I haven’t got this. I think it is panic attacks. Hands shaking, heart racing and mind won’t rest. X

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
Hang in there @Helen10 . Try not to worry about the unimportant things. I remember being very stressed with my second, and very demanding, child and coming across a rhyme - “Cobwebs lay down and dust go to sleep. I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep...”
It’s the same with all people - there comes a time when moments are precious and housework can wait..

I know but need to occupy myself. Tonight whilst I was sorting stuff out in the kitchen, I had to ask my 7 yr old to take nanny and show her where the toilet is. She then had to go back after she had been to help her wash her hands and flush the chain for her. How bad a mother and daughter am I?

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I know but need to occupy myself. Tonight whilst I was sorting stuff out in the kitchen, I had to ask my 7 yr old to take nanny and show her where the toilet is. She then had to go back after she had been to help her wash her hands and flush the chain for her. How bad a mother and daughter am I?
That does not make you a bad mother or daughter at all. I think your 7 year old has had a gentle lesson in caring for other people who need help. I am guessing at that age the 7 year old loves their nanny and likes helping their Mum.
please be kind to yourself too

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my 7yr granddaughter is very willing to help out. they like a bit of responsibility as it makes them feel grown-up and important.

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
I actually feel like I am falling apart. Mum still up, kids still up. I have just crawled into bed, crying, again. I’m so sorry I’m such a mess and putting you all through this. I keep telling myself I just have to get to Monday. I am really trying to get to Monday but failing terribly at the moment x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
My daughter is 17 so a lot older but she is just amazing with her nan and regularly I am surprised at her kindness compassion and empathy , there are some valuable life lessons there that your children are learning .

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
When you have had a couple of minutes put on the super woman big girl pants and put the children to bed .
Make yourself a warm drink and let mum do her worse as long as she is not in any danger, and then try and get her settled .
Tomorrow is Sunday, and then it’s Monday when help is arriving...try and hang on you are doing well and nearly there.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Does it matter that your children are still up ?! I think going to bed is not a bad idea ,maybe your children and you could have a cuddle and a story ? I would maybe suggest breaking it down in to smaller pieces , as in I just going to try and get through tonight , then tom just focus on the next hour . We are here to help anyway we can , you have no need to apologise for being open and honest ? ? ? ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im here as well as i have been all day and will still be here tomorrow.
whats your childrens favourite story?my granddaughter likes david walliams . my daughter liked jacqueline wilson at that age. trying to distract you. i used to like story time with them. time to treasure

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
im here as well as i have been all day and will still be here tomorrow.
whats your childrens favourite story?my granddaughter likes david walliams . my daughter liked jacqueline wilson at that age. trying to distract you. i used to like story time with them. time to treasure
Yep David walliams is a favourite. My favourite is Milly Molly Mandy. I could read them over and over to them. My mum used to read them with me

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
I used to play the still game with mine. We all lay in bed not moving and then the first one who moved got tickled!!! Kept them going for ages and gave me a rest!!

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
My favourite is Milly Molly Mandy. I could read them over and over to them. My mum used to read them with me
Hello @Helen10 great choice! I've got a selection of Milly Molly Mandy stories that I read to my mum when I visit her and she never gets tired of hearing them.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Ah we played sleeping lions on the lounge floor once , eldest was so quiet we eventuallly left the room and she was sound asleep , as soon as we picked her to to put her in bed she awoke like a coiled spring , should of left her where she was !