incontinence pads

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Hi folks I'm curious to know if people are being prescribed free incontinence pads or do you find that your loved one is limited to a certain amount.
At the moment my mother has 4 pads prescribed that are free,mum is bedbound and has 4 care visits when they change pads so i don't know if that has any bearing on her getting them for free.although when the last lady from the continence team came she did try to cut my mum down to 3 but when i said mum had 4 care visits she agreed that she could stay with the 4.
Mums pads are leaking at the moment so i'm going to contact them and it made me wonder if she has to get an upgrade will i have the merry dance again of them trying to give her less pads as the new ones would be more expensive

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
@wilko73 4 a day is the quota is she on the classic or super you will know on the delivery ticket. If it's unclear I would make contact with the service they may possibly offer a scan of the bladder and offer a home visit some clinics do run at a community hospital depends what NHS trust you are with have a look on their website a list of service will be on the directory.

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Thanks @Jessbow and @angelict
Mum has a wrap around pad at night called an Abrisan form premium L1 and 3 other pads for the day are abrisan premium 7,i will call them tomorrow and get them to send a sample.what they do is send out a form that you have to record fluids drank and they then decide what pad to issue

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks @Jessbow and @angelict
Mum has a wrap around pad at night called an Abrisan form premium L1 and 3 other pads for the day are abrisan premium 7,i will call them tomorrow and get them to send a sample.what they do is send out a form that you have to record fluids drank and they then decide what pad to issue
@wilko73 my mum is on pull ups she has a mixed order now took me months to sort out having the utis didn't help with the quota we had from the service the fluid chart and samples is the way to go I did get a lady contact me a few days ago which I wasn't expecting the conversation began as are you name of mum or daughter she then called me Chris which my name isn't she's sending me a washable booklet ????? what are they expecting you wash it and send it back to them ???? I've already had a tape measure the dog got hold of it the other day ???? I didn't tell her I'm convinced within these services they are trained to hear what you tell them rather than listening to what you are saying so she babbled on so I just said pardon no doubt I'll be getting a call in a few months but I'm not holding my breath ????

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
If you google the pad name, 1 looks like the lowest capasity and 7 mid way ( 1-12) If i am understanding right.

maybe she needs a greater absorbancy.

Those forms are pretty useless, My mum actually drank very little- taking enough fluid on board was quite a problem, but she would pee a bucketfullovernight

Lemondrizzle

Aug 26, 2018
In December, my aunt had a failed hospital discharge so we weren't too concerned to have missed a delivery from the NHS although we had no idea what it was. As she wasn't going to come back home, we didn't do anything and then out of the blue she had 450 incontinence pads arrive and be left in a shared alleyway. I struggled to return these to the NHS and finally delivered them to a local care home last week. She also had a huge box of catheter supplies delivered previously and I am going to have to take those to my local pharmacy as no-one will take them.

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
If you google the pad name, 1 looks like the lowest capasity and 7 mid way ( 1-12) If i am understanding right.

maybe she needs a greater absorbancy.

Those forms are pretty useless, My mum actually drank very little- taking enough fluid on board was quite a problem, but she would pee a bucketfullovernight
Hi thanks,the lady said she's going to send a 9 as a sample,those forms are a right pain