Shielding guidance 16/02/21

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Even if you have had both doses of the vaccine, you should continue to follow this shielding advice, until further notice as we continue to assess the impact of vaccination among all groups. "
Media is reporting that shielding will continue until 31st March, only formal statement I have found is that it will be reviewed on 21st February.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
who are the new people that are being told to shield
"Until now the NHS identified those most at risk on the basis usually of a single underlying health condition, such as specific cancers, together with age. But a more sophisticated modelling tool developed by the University of Oxford has shown that the shielding list should nearly double, adding 1.7 million people on the basis of multiple risk factors.

Among the issues the model takes into account are ethnicity and postcode, which will give a measure of economic deprivation. There have been higher rates of death among people from black, ethnic minority and Asian communities and also people from poorer neighbourhoods with cramped housing. Body mass index will also be factored in, because obesity is known to increase the risk of severe illness."

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
the letters have also given 21 feb but maybe another letter will be sent
I expect an announcement on the 22nd followed by email/letter to those affected.
Spoke too soon, I've jut got an email from Matt and Robert

"We are writing to you as you have previously been identified as someone thought to be clinically extremely vulnerable and at high risk of becoming very unwell if you catch COVID-19. We wrote to you last month advising you to follow shielding guidance until 21 February.

We are now extending that guidance and advising you to shield until 31 March 2021. We will write to you again in mid-March with further advice."

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well just had email that i have been added to the shielding list. which will mean i will get my vaccine quicker. not much different as am already housebound.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Did the email give you the >>>link<<< to register for various support services?
Worth doing even if currently you don't require them as it gets your name on a list eg preferential supermarket treatment where you could have a private arrangement which collapses.
@jennifer1967

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Did the email give you the >>>link<<< to register for various support services?
Worth doing even if currently you don't require them as it gets your name on a list eg preferential supermarket treatment where you could have a private arrangement which collapses.
@jennifer1967
yes nitram thankyou. have already gone through the process with my husband who has also been shielding. i will do that for me

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
??‍♀️I got the email this morning as well. Really threw me but had my vaccination booked already.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Folks, I've read my letter a bit closer and apart from being eligible for priority supermarket delivery slots and medication deliveries from your pharmacy, shielded people are also eligible for a 4 month supply of Vitamin D, however, you have to apply by TODAY.

Here is the link, don't delay:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i forgot that. i did it for my husband and he is taking them now. i have had a few times in the past low vitamin D levels and the doctor has given me them

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I just got the email today, my partner is no longer being asked to shield from 1st of April. If she gets her second vaccine on schedule on April 15th we will hopefully be ok.