The Adventures of Poppet & Other Stories

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Great thanks very much @nitram ? , far easier than I was thinking .
If you want to practise this or anything else there is a dedicated thread,

Clicking here will take you to the end and make the reply text box easier to get to.

To make a link as in last sentence just select the text you want to appear and then
2021-02-10_131555.png

and then enter URL and 'insert'

Again you can practise as much as you want.

You can see how it looks by posting or use 'preview'
2021-02-10_132545.png

If you 'preview' you will have to click it again to do any editing although you can post when in preview.

Attachments

• 2021-02-10_131555.png
    2021-02-10_131555.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oooops ... three months later I finally log back in ... sorry

A very special and kind person got in touch and reminded me that there are people who care

Lovely man is still here, but very unwell and TBH it’s hard to see someone in so much pain, yet so gracious and more concerned about me than himself.

I’ve cried a lot of tears through the lockdowns, lost clients, broken friendships and doubted myself many times.

There is no anniversary and no reason I can think of, but my mum is very much in my mind these last few weeks.

I often think about certain people who helped me through such a difficult time, my life line, I hope you are all well and managing as best you can

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello Sam, its good to see you again. This past year has been unbelievably strange. This time last year I dont think any of us would have believed where we are now

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi Sam, so pleased to hear from you! I agree with Canary about this year, though in my case I’ve had a number of illnesses to add to the gaiety! Seem to be fighting my way through, but oh........so.........slowly!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Spamar
Lovely to see you are still fighting fit ;), I think I’m sliding down that slope as more joints seize up and my BP decided to skyrocket again
Not helped by the pharmacy forgetting to reorder my meds and leaving me without for 48 hours ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Jaded'n'faded
I’m settled but a L O N G way from sorted .. still unpacking the garage and dumping stuff. At least the charity shops are reopening so I can get rid of more stuff soon
Pooch ... hmmm ... he’s driving me insane. Bless him. I’ve been painting the new garden fence for the last few weeks (in between working) , but as it’s not fully enclosed, he’s on a long lead. However, if I go inside to get a coffee etc, he barks as soon as I’m out of sight. He has to be able to see me all the time
However, when I put on my uniform, he just gets on a chair and curls up, not a peep. Strange little thing

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Sarasa
I need to put in two sections of fencing to fully enclose the garden, then I can let Pooch run around.
Meanwhile, I’ve potted out nearly 500 bulbs and a lot of shrubs to give me colour over the winter. Normally I have a 50% success with bulbs ... this year it’s more like 95%. They are gradually being transferred into the ground as the fence is finished off (should make watering them next year much easier). It’s sure going to be full of colour!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
So pleased to see your post. I too had hoped you were ok and at least muddling along.
I am glad to here that you are settled so presumably somewhere that feels like home.
That garden sounds like it will be amazing with the work you are doing. Hopefully we will be able to see some photos of it when it is full of colour.
Dogs are a law unto themselves sometimes and you do wander how their brains work. At least it is positive if Pooch settles when you go to work.
I mentioned to Woo2 about the ‘Essex meet up’ that we mentioned last year but obviously never happened. It would still be good to have that meet up when we all would feel comfortable about it.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Sam Luvit

I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. I’m envious of your garden - between the attentions of the squirrels and my daughters’ pet rabbits I’m fighting a losing battle in mine. I think I might just plant white flags this year ?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
There are times when I question why I do this ... tonight was just such a night
I know it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, but we are all tired, we all want time off, yet, some people decided to pull a sickie and yours truely agreed to help out
I covered Saturday as an extra day. It was supposed to be a few hours ... obviously it was a little more :rolleyes:
Tonight ... hmmm ... leaving a call a “charming young man” decided to accost me about my parking. Despite my desire to explain the facts to him, I resisted, smiled and walked away
It went from bad to worse, walking into “you are late” (I was early, but the call was later than they wanted).
Next. Apparently some people have been breaking the rules (as if :rolleyes::rolleyes:), but as I wouldn’t, I was wrong
And again. Not the first time ... go to make a cup of tea and find the mug is filthy .. cue me scrubbing out all the mugs in the cupboard
I do wonder at the attitude of some people, it makes a wonderful rewarding job into a real trial
Please let tomorrow be better

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Bikerbeth

Lol, yes been back in contact with @Woo2 and would love to meet up when things ease up, however with nowhere to stay, it wouId need to be somewhere I can travel to and from within a day :eek:

I’ve bought a “temporary“ home. It’s probably 30 times the space I had in Poppet. It has a garden. I’m still working on finding a place for everything. Not helped by the hours I’ve been working.

I’m gradually planting out the bulbs into the garden, with some being repotted to go around the fencing. It’s a long slow process, but I’m looking at it being homely next summer, in the meantime, I’m trying to get to a point where Pooch is secure and I can take some time for me

Pooch is fine when I go to work, which is great. It’s just when I’m here, but out of sight, that he gets upset

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Bunpoots

The garden is a “work in progress”, but I can see the tiny conifers and fuchsia are starting to grow. Tulips and daffodils are flowering. Some are going in the ground, others are going into pots.

I’m looking forward to getting the fence finished

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning, Sam. I will try and keep an eye on your posts re meet up. I would love to come, but driving is a bit dicey these days, ( no dementia, but arthritis and after effects of various operations are taking their toll. I really think I’m keeping the NHS bust over the last two years!
Realised the car was out of MOT, got that sorted, then there was something else, etc. Have now legally driven it twice! Once for a haircut ( hurrah!) and once out for a cappuccino. First one for months!
Take care, even I don’t post at that time in the morning! Cuddles for Pooch.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I hope today was better for you and you get that needed time off soon.
I know I was always ‘discussing’ the times of the calls that my Mum’s Carer came especially as they varied so much but I never complained to the actual Carers only the company.
I can understand why you question why you do it sometimes but I would guess it would be because you know what a difference a good Carer will make to a person needing that care.
I hope the ‘temporary’ home is going to be for quite a long time based on the amount of work you are doing in the garden

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Spamar

If you could come, that wouId be amazing. I’ve always wanted to meet you o_O I suspect that if you gave us maximum distance you can manage, we would find a way to make it work

I really need a haircut, but I’m not brave enough yet. I don’t like being near people I don’t know, I may have had my jabs, but they are only 70% protection and I’m three times more likely to come into contact with C-19 than the general public (and people wonder why I insist on my six foot) :rolleyes:

This is me getting home early!! I can’t face eating my dinner at three in the afternoon, so although it’s very bad of me, I tend to eat when I get home, by the time I’ve walked Pooch, cooked & eaten, it’s getting on for midnight. Hence the late post

Pooch loves the extra cuddles ;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Bikerbeth

Tonight was much better, thank you. TBH, I don’t think it could have been much worse, but Bank Holidays tend to be stressful, the clients are more “out of sorts” and certain people tend to call in sick.

I sort of understand the frustration of the clients, they want a call at 16.30, but it gets booked at 17.00, they have hours to sit and fume over how annoyed they are and then let rip at me o_O

From my point of view, they have had a printed rota for a week, they could have phoned the office and asked for a change of time, I can’t change it, but they could complain to the “right” person. Hey ho

Tonight I had a few conversations where I was told how nice it is to have someone who chats (I natter about all sorts of rubbish lol), but they like it, sometimes it’s a loop of 4 or 5 minutes as dementia means they have forgotten (that’s hard), but others chat about gardens, weather and family. Tonight I felt like I was “good”!!!

I was so relieved to have central heating, double glazing and not hear the rain thundering on Poppets roof that I just loved being here over winter. I’m going to see what this year is like before deciding how “temporary“ this home will be. In the meantime, I’m enjoying messing about with the garden, the peace and quiet and it’s a fairly easy life in comparison to my previous one

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976