It's life Jim - but not as we know it!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I bought sleepsuits for my husband and found them useful. This is where I got them but I’d imagine there will be other suppliers. As suggested it might be an idea to phone a supplier and talk to them about their product.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I bought sleepsuits for my husband and found them useful. This is where I got them but I’d imagine there will be other suppliers. As suggested it might be an idea to phone a supplier and talk to them about their product.

Thank you, I think this may be the answer. I've looked at this one and a couple of other suppliers, they all seem to be about the same price. Just out of interest, how many did you find you needed for your husband?
It could be that 'light at the end of the tunnel' moment.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thank you, I think this may be the answer. I've looked at this one and a couple of other suppliers, they all seem to be about the same price. Just out of interest, how many did you find you needed for your husband?
It could be that 'light at the end of the tunnel' moment.

I had 3 I think! It’s now 4 years since my husband died so my memory may be a bit clouded. I know I had 2 long sleeved ones and I believe I bought 2 short sleeved ones. They were of good quality.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
I had 3 I think! It’s now 4 years since my husband died so my memory may be a bit clouded. I know I had 2 long sleeved ones and I believe I bought 2 short sleeved ones. They were of good quality.
Thank you. I'll try a couple of long sleeved ones for now as he's used to long sleeved pjs. Until I looked at the link you sent I hadn't realised they were designed for people who had trouble keeping their incontinence wear on. If we're successful I'll 'educate' the continence nurse.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Today I feel like I'm in the army and I feel like I'm sergeant-major on parade. "Upright! Upright" and "keep up with it" and "back straight". I'm just trying to teach him to use his zimmer frame the way the lady from therapy showed him yesterday when she delivered it. He's pushing it the way he'd push a lawnmower. Of course it doesn't matter how many times I show him he can't hold on to that information. Nothing's easy is it?

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Well my husband is getting on well with his zimmer frame, much better than I thought he would. I was worried that he'd reject it as he's always said he'd never use one. I think he feels safer himself when moving around the flat with it.
We've had our Covid jabs today, both of us. The doctor came to the flat to give them to us.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
OMG what a night! I don't think I slept much at all.
Firstly my husband was wriggling nearly all night obviously finding his all-in-one pyjamas a bit restricting. I sort of expected that to happen.
But also my arm was so sore and aching where I'd had the injection. Also I have a headache and neckache. These must be to do with the injection rather than lack of sleep as I never get headaches.
I just hope my husband has a sleep this afternoon so I can do likewise.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Yes, no wet bed. Let's hope that continues. I find getting it down (I don't need to take it off completely) when he's asked for the toilet is easy enough. But three times between 03.15 and 04.00?
maybe hes hoping you will take it off him. has he got headache/ sore arm which has made him restless?

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
I can't remember, does your husband take any sleeping medication? If not, it might be worth trying. I've always found that if Mum's awake at night, she want's to go to the loo - sometimes every half an hour, but obviously she doesn't do it if she's asleep. We've recently had to increase the dose, and her pull ups have even been dry in the morning a couple of times !
Glad the sleepsuit seems to be helping, I'll file that in the "useful things to remember" box.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
I can't remember, does your husband take any sleeping medication? If not, it might be worth trying. I've always found that if Mum's awake at night, she want's to go to the loo - sometimes every half an hour, but obviously she doesn't do it if she's asleep. We've recently had to increase the dose, and her pull ups have even been dry in the morning a couple of times !
Glad the sleepsuit seems to be helping, I'll file that in the "useful things to remember" box.

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Well here we are again, another wet bed to change. This morning it was at 5.30, so I felt no point in going back to sleep after changing the sheet and Kylie sheet. He's gone back to sleep.
I suppose the reason I'm posting is the hope that someone can say that they've been through this and the answer is ?????.
Even the continence nurse had no answer. What do you do with someone who is sleeping with one hand inside the incontinence pants so that their urine is bypassing the pants and wetting their pjs and the bed. The pants are dry.
How can I stop this? I'm so tired.
My husband is bed bound and incontanent he as cares 4 times a day i put puppey pads on is bed that save sheets does your husband have pads on at night

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
maybe hes hoping you will take it off him. has he got headache/ sore arm which has made him restless?
No he can't remember having the injection and hasn't complained. When I ask him if his arm aches he doesn't understand why it should. It is purely him trying to get his hand into his pull-ups that is making him fidget.
No I don't think the number of trips to the bathroom relates in any way to his all-in-one. This is something that happens quite regular. He'll say he want's the toilet and tries to get up, so I help him there and stay with him. He then says he can't do any more, sometimes he hasn't done anything. So I take him back to bed only for him to say he needs it. You see he doesn't remember going to the toilet already, so thinks this is just the once.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
No he doesn't take any sleeping medication. I'll mention it to the doctor but I don't want to give him any unless it's really necessary.
My husband's pull-ups are dry in the morning and even the continence nurse can't understand why. It's as if he only 'leaks' when he's awake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix