Another day

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
is it today for visiting? must be horrible not having him there
Tomorrow. As I'm in NZ and MH's rest home is a 90 minute drive from here, I can only go twice a week. At least I can stay as long as I like which is usually 3 to 4 hours. The 3 days in between visits, I'm just living for the next time I can see him again. So wish I could bring him home, but I couldn't provide the same care that he's getting in the home. he is being well looked after, that's all I can say.

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
Hope your visit goes well today, @Pusskins. Do you have other family you can talk to and visit between visits to your husband, to take your mind off things?
Thank you @Sarasa Unfortunately nobody to pour things out to. I've found that most people just don't want to listen to you crying and sobbing on their shoulder. My oldest sister who doesn't live anywhere near me just thinks I should have come to terms with the situation by now and got a grip on things. As I now live alone, I tried to arrange a texting system each evening with her so that if I didn't text it would alert her to a possible accident, heart attack etc so she could alert the police to come and check on me, but she didn't want to have a bar of it. I couldn't really care less if I had a cardiac arrest and nobody found me for days, but my concern was for our dog who would be locked inside. Her response was: Well, the worst that might happen is that your dog will eat you! Sadly that's exactly what she said.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Really that is sad , I hope your sister never finds herself in a similar position . We are always here to listen and send virtual hugs , not the same I know .

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
That is unbelievably uncaring of your sister. She was probably trying to lighten the mood by joking, but its in extremely poor taste.

Do you have a friend living fairly close that you could set up a text scheme with?

Pusskins

Jun 6, 2020
New Zealand
That is unbelievably uncaring of your sister. She was probably trying to lighten the mood by joking, but its in extremely poor taste.

Do you have a friend living fairly close that you could set up a text scheme with?
@canary It's a funny thing, but I've lived in this town for 20 years and not made any friends until recently. John and I were close and didn't need anybody else. However, I recently made a friend who just might agree to doing that. Certainly worth a try!