Questions

Rushdenboy

Nov 17, 2020
I have a number of questions I would like to ask my Consultant Psychiatrist or GP around my
Diagnosis but not sure if this would help me to come to terms with it the questions would be how long do you think i have had Alzheimers
what brought it on is it heredity as some are suggesting could the fact that in the last ten years i worked a lot of 12 hour night shifts a that meant a lack of sleep or a cycling accident that I lost consciousness in and lost my spleen questions questions but No answers or should i I just accept if and move on thanks for any help you wonderful people can give me

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
Have you had or are you being offered a headscan? Bloods are usually taken as well. I take it the consultant is at the hospital or are they from cmht perfectly reasonable to questioning and wondering it's a lot for anyone good luck with your journey?

MySween3

Jan 21, 2021
I have a number of questions I would like to ask my Consultant Psychiatrist or GP around my
Diagnosis but not sure if this would help me to come to terms with it the questions would be how long do you think i have had Alzheimers
what brought it on is it heredity as some are suggesting could the fact that in the last ten years i worked a lot of 12 hour night shifts a that meant a lack of sleep or a cycling accident that I lost consciousness in and lost my spleen questions questions but No answers or should i I just accept if and move on thanks for any help you wonderful people can give me
You are just a Human being with many questions. Questions get answers, and also eliminate fears and can put things into prospective for you. Some medications can help with quality of life, and can help support mood. The answer about how did you get Alzheimer disease: some scientist believe a few things as to how it takes hold. But do not give definitive answers. You need to be your own best friend and not accuse yourself of not doing this or that. There are technological aids, which can support people to live independently. Best wishes

Rushdenboy

Nov 17, 2020
You are just a Human being with many questions. Questions get answers, and also eliminate fears and can put things into prospective for you. Some medications can help with quality of life, and can help support mood. The answer about how did you get Alzheimer disease: some scientist believe a few things as to how it takes hold. But do not give definitive answers. You need to be your own best friend and not accuse yourself of not doing this or that. There are technological aids, which can support people to live independently. Best wishes
thank you so very much

WJG

Sep 13, 2020
I believe we should ask as many questions as we want. Personally I want to know as much about my condition as possible - but I'm already realising that the system isn't always used to having someone do this.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hello my friend, you are right to ask questions and please ask away, i was diagnosed over ten years ago now and in my very humble opinion, working nights, or 12 hour shifts has nothing to do with it, it really is just the luck (unlucky ) of the draw. After living with my dementia lewy bodies for so long i have come to accept it and take every day as it comes enjoying as much as possible

Take care

Norrms

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhubarb1989